Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Closed Topic Start new topic 

Lily Brennan, Vampire
Lily Brennan
 Posted: Feb 5th 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
36 Posts
Mid to late 20s
Bisexual
Taken

User Group
Undead
Sexuality
Bisexual
Occupation
Hunter
Aliases
Pawn
Face Claim
Julia Voth
Lily Brennan
I've been fighting this war since the day of the fall
And I'm desperately holding on to it all
I'm not done
It's not over
Physical Description
Lily stands at around 5'8" and has a lithe, leanly muscled build that gives one the impression of flexibility, agility, and speed. Thick, dark hair hangs down to about Lily's mid-back, and she usually keeps it up in a tail to keep it out of her way while on the job. Her eyes are a shade of stormy blue, and they never seem to miss anything. When the bloodlust hits her, or her vampiric nature comes to the fore, they emit a pale red glow, which is dim enough to keep hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses. Her skin is naturally pale, but it tans very easily, though it tends not to stay that way for long, probably due to her enhanced healing. Her fangs—the hallmark of her race—are quite small and barely noticeable at all, unless the bloodlust takes hold, in which case they descend further and become more pronounced.

Any hunter worth her salt has scars, and Lily is no exception, despite her inhuman healing abilities. Though she heals faster than a human, severe, deep injuries will still leave scars, even if they tend not to last very long; a scar that a normal human would carry for the rest of their life only mars Lily’s flesh for a year or two before fading away until there’s no sign of it left. But in her line of work, of course, she’s usually gaining new scars faster than the old ones heal up. Lily isn’t self-conscious in the least about these scars, instead considering them badges of honor, and marks of hard-won experience.

When it comes to fashion, Lily tends to go the comfortable-yet-functional route. On Earth that generally means jeans, long-sleeved shirts, and her ever-present trenchcoat, along with a pair of well-worn combat boots. A set of basic, light leather armor and a voluminous greatcloak serve the same purpose on Istari, and the boots she favors there are just as comfortable and durable as the ones she wears on Earth.

» Children, though she tends to be overly cautious around them since being turned

» People who judge her based on her actions rather than on what she is

» Singing, usually only when she's by herself

» Blood, though she drinks it as little as possible

» Warm weather, and being warm in general, since she's usually very cold

» Reading, preferably classical literature but she'll devour pretty much anything she can get her hands on

» Having the newest gadgets, whether they be tech, vehicles, or weapons

Dislikes
» Vampires, particularly the murderous, nasty kind

» Bigots and bullies, or anyone else who acts like they're better than those around them

» The bloodlust that sometimes strikes her

» Being cold, which unfortunately is the norm for her

» The nightmares she still has on occasion; they're few and far between, but that almost makes them worse

» Monsters, especially of the human variety

» Failing at something, anything

» Men who don't take no for an answer

Strengths
» Her inhuman abilities and powers

» Has gone through a brutal gauntlet of physical and mental training

» She has a memory like a steel-trap

» Her stubborn refusal to lose, or give up; this could also be considered a weakness in some cases, though

» Is something of a wizard with computers and technology

» She's brutally efficient on the job; it's rare for something to escape her for very long, and she doesn't waste time playing around

Weaknesses
» Due to the unusual circumstances of her vampirism, any injury that is fatal to a human can kill her as well

» The blood of the dead; if it gets in her system, it caues nausea, disorientation, etc.

» Prolonged exposure to the sun will weaken her and make her sick; she also suffers sunburn more easily and severely than a human

» Is sometimes stricken with a vampiric bloodlust; she's getting better at controlling this, but it still frightens her

» Her body temperature runs a little lower than a human, so she's often cold

» She has a stubborn streak a mile wide

» Is still rarely plagued by sudden mood swings, becoming severely introspective

» Her pride rarely lets her turn down a challenge of any kind

Goals
» Give her daughter as normal a life as possible, under the circumstances

» Use her considerable talents to keep people safe

» Completely overcome her vampiric nature and bloodlust someday

Fears
» Being someone's slave or prisoner again

» Giving in to her vampiric nature and urges

» Making the wrong call on a job and having people pay for it with their lives

» Being unable to protect her family and anyone else that depends on her

Personality
The tragedies in Lily's life have led her to have different layers to her personality. To those who don't know her well, she is a cold, distant woman, dedicated to the life of a hunter and protecting those in need. This detached persona is one she developed during her training and recovery after being turned into a vampire a few years ago, a mask to hide any turmoil, doubt, or confusion that might lie beneath the surface, allowing her to project an air of calm and authority at all times.

Even before becoming a vampire, Lily was an extremely healthy young woman, maintaining a good diet and partaking in a lot of physical activity. Martial arts, yoga, contortionism, and even various forms of ballet and dance were all incorporated into her training, and she still runs through those techniques regularly to stay sharp and flexible. Meditation is a big part of her life too, and she dedicates a couple hours a day to it when she can manage. Smoking and drugs have always been out of the question for her, and though she isn't much of a drinker, Lily has been known to have a beer or two among friends in her downtime.

Around friends, family, and people she feels comfortable with, Lily's personality is drastically different. She enjoys music and is a natural singer, though she rarely does so in the presence of others; she likes fast cars and motorcycles, tearing apart and rebuilding any sort of tech or equipment, and friendly sparring matches. Lily has a soft spot for children and a strong motherly instinct, and anyone familiar only with her "business" persona would undoubtedly gawk at the way she handles herself around her daughter, or any other kids for that matter. Since becoming a vampire she tends to be a bit more cautious around children than she was before, but she hasn't let the change ruin her completely. She refuses to.

Though even on her best days she can sometimes slip into dark moods, the past couple years have done much to heal the psychological scars left from her captivity, torture, and subsequent turning. The cool, nearly mechanical woman who walked out of the desert after nearly a year of mental recovery and her intense gauntlet of training with no expectations at ever having any sort of life beyond hunting has come a long way, thanks mostly to Brennan and their daughter. She knows that it's still an uphill battle, and that she might never fully regain her old mentality, but with each and every step in the right direction Lily has begun to feel more like the woman she once was.

History
Lily’s tragic history can’t really be told without first relating the equally tragic history of the small human nation of Westenra. Situated in a unique part of Istari that only sees daylight one-third of the year, Westenra was the only place in both worlds where the rare and highly sought-after Stygian flower bloomed. Planted in the earliest days of the Light Season, the seeds of the Stygian absorb nutrients and light from the sun, but are unable to bloom until the Dark Season begins. This Dark Season is a period of absolute blackness, where not even the moon and stars are permitted to shine, and it has occurred for as long as anyone on Istari can remember. Why it happens and what causes it are unknown, with theories ranging from an ancient spell gone wrong to a potent curse laid down in days of old.

It is the existence of the Stygian flower—which is prized not only for its silvery, luminescent beauty but for several medicinal purposes as well—that drew people to the region where Westenra would be established. It started out as a small human colony at first, but rapidly grew into a proper kingdom, supported entirely through the trade of the Stygian flower. Unfortunately for the people of Westenra, the long stretch of utter darkness attracted not only those who sought out the flower, but creatures of a more sinister nature as well…

The arrival of the vampires should have been expected, but the people of Westenra had long since grown complacent when it came to their defenses. The blood-drinkers easily overran the Westenran soldiers, having chosen the middle of the Dark Season to strike, knowing that their powers would be at their peak during this time of complete darkness. The king and his family were slaughtered, as was most of the populace, but a fair number of people were spared and used as hostages against future attacks, and as a source of never-ending blood and sustenance.

One of the humans to be taken as the vampires’ slaves was a stunning beauty named Lily. Her raven-dark hair and bright blue eyes made her one of the most sought after by when some of the male slaves wished for a bit of... distraction from their unfortunate lot. After months of life like this, her will and spirit were quickly broken, and she served both her fellow slaves and her vampiric masters unfailingly, having no real hope of any sort of release.

It wasn't much of a surprise when, before too long, Lily became pregnant. Against all odds the child was carried to term, and delivered by an old woman who had once served as a midwife in the palace of the king. It was a constant struggle to keep the child fed and healthy, and it all fell on the midwife, for Lily was too far gone by then to be of any use caring for a baby, not even caring to name the little girl. Years passed, and one of the unfortunate side-effects of having a young child in the slave camp was that it attracted the attention of those vampires who preferred the blood of children, and she was often fed upon, though never killed; doing so would rob these vampires of their delicacy.

Fortunately for the little girl, the vampire enclave where she and her mother lived and served came under attack by a group of hunters who sought to reclaim as much of Westenra as they could. Unlike her mother, the girl was resistant to the vampires’ attempts to subvert her mind and break her spirit, so when all hell broke loose, she was more than ready to make good her escape. Dragging Lily along with her, the young girl fled the vampire stronghold, though pursuit was close at hand, whether vampires or hunters, the girl wasn’t sure. For hours the child forcibly pulled her mother along, telling her how important it was that they get to safety before their pursuers caught up to them, but Lily was too broken, and too lost without the vampires’ commands and leadership.

In the end, the girl knew her mother would never truly be free of the vampires’ taint, and to ensure her own survival and safety, she killed Lily on the spot.

Now unfettered, the child was able to vanish into the wilderness, and the freedom it promised. Life was difficult for her over the next couple of years though, and she struggled to survive. She became a wild thing, feral, with little to distinguish her from the other beasts that roamed the hills and woodlands of ruined Westenra. When eventually she was chanced upon by a group of three men, obviously fighters or hunters, her initial response was to attack them, to hurt them, to be able to get away, but she was no match for the three well-trained men. Rather than kill the child, though, they felt pity for her, and they took her in. It was a long, hard road to trust, but eventually after many, many months, the girl opened up to the men, revealing as much of her history as she knew or remembered to them. When they asked her her name, she told them it was Lily, taking her dead mother’s name as her own.

In return for Lily’s openness, the men revealed a bit about themselves to her as well. They were called the King’s Men, and they’d once served the royal family of Westenra as elite guards, spies, and assassins. Each of them had taken a codename from the game of chess: there was Rook, a grizzled old brawler and thief whose skill hadn’t dulled with age at all; Bishop, a master spy who had just enough magical talent to aid him in his tasks of espionage; and Knight, a valiant warrior who’s skill at arms was second to none. Despite the downfall of the kingdom, the King’s Men had remained in Westenra, working and traveling in secret, doing their part to harry the vampires at every turn.

It came as no surprise to them when Lily begged to be taken into their brotherhood, and trained in the arts of combat that would allow her to strike back against the monsters that’d ruined any chance at a normal future she might have had. Knowing that Lily’s tenacity and natural talents could aid them in their never-ending battle against the vampires, the King’s Men agreed, and bestowed upon her the codename “Pawn,” because while the pawn started out as the weakest piece on the board, it had the potential to become the most powerful.

The next several years were spent in an intense, grueling gauntlet of training and preparation, and Lily’s eager mind devoured every second of it. Throughout it all, she grew very close to Bishop and Knight, seeing them as the family she never really had, and the feeling was mutual. Rook though was another matter entirely, and though he never did anything to obstruct her training, and he did his part in teaching her his ways, he always seemed to watch her and look at her in a way that made her more and more uncomfortable as she got older.

With her actual date of birth in question Lily's age was always just an estimate, but she was roughly fifteen years old--give or take--when the looks and disconcerting glances turned into something more. Uncomfortable as she was, it was a deep-seated feeling of personal debt and a desire not to disappoint one of her saviors and teachers that eventually sent Lily to Rook's bed, unbeknownst to the other King's Men. This "arrangement" went on for months before Lily, sick with guilt and shame, refused any more of Rook's advances. Enraged, the man lashed out at the young girl he'd decided belonged to him, trying to kill her rather than letting her go. Luckily for Lily her years of training and experience paid off, and she was able to defend herself against the older man, though in the end Rook paid for his madness with his life.

Not surprisingly, this event caused a schism amongst the King's Men. With Rook dead and unable to share his side of the story, all that Bishop and Knight had to go on was Lily's testimony, and while they'd come to know and trust the girl during their years together, they simply couldn't believe that Rook, their brother in arms for more than two decades, would behave in such a manner. In the end, Lily was exiled from Westenra, a merciful fate considering the penalty for killing one of her own should have rightly been death.

Lily was heartbroken, but she hid her emotions well, as always. Bidding the two men—the closest people she’d ever had to family—farewell, she set out from Westenra and into the outside world for the first time in her young life. Luckly for Lily, on just her second day outside of Westenra, she encountered a hunter named Sastre Quicksilver, who would go on to become one of her rare, close friends. After hearing her story and seeing her skills firsthand during a quick hunt on the border of the vampire-infested country, Sastre took Lily under his wing, taking her with him to Earth, where he intended to build upon the training she'd received from the King's Men.

For the first few weeks everything went well, with Sastre not only expanding Lily's knowledge of hunting, but introducing her to Earth, its customs and technology, and even setting her up with everything she needed to secure her fake identity of "Lily Faraday". When Lily began feeling regularly sick, weak, and generally uncomfortable, the last thing she expected was to discover that she was pregnant, undoubtedly by Rook before his death at her hands. To say it came as a shock to her would be an understatement, but despite everything Sastre remained by her side and did everything he could to help her with the impossibly difficult decisions she faced. In fact, it was Sastre himself who suggested the course of action that Lily eventually took.

Lily spent the next nine months living with a pair of retired hunters, former associates of Sastre who had decided to get married, settle down, and leave the hunting life behind them to start a family. Unfortunately, they were unable to have children of their own, which made them the perfect choice for Lily to give her baby to once it was born. In Cynthia and Morris Hyde, Lily had two people who she knew would not only love her child as if it were their own, but were equipped with the necessary skills to protect the child if anything horrible ever ended up happening. During her time with the Hyde's, Lily ended up learning everything she could about life on Earth, absorbing it all with a speed and competence that was astounding. She learned to love technology, and was a natural when it came to understanding how and why things worked, particularly when it came to vehicles and electronics. Lily was also introduced to the abundance of weaponry available on Earth, and she used her downtime to master as much of it as she could.

When the time came, the labor was incredibly difficult on Lily, but in the end her baby girl was delivered safe and healthy. They Hydes named the child Allison, and though Lily was filled with an aching sadness at the thought of having to give up her baby, the obvious expressions of love and amazement on Morris and Cynthia's faces made her realize it was the right decision. Lily knew that she couldn't put the life of a hunter behind her, and that she could never be the sort of mother that Cynthia could, but that didn't necessarily make it any easier on her. In the end, she knew it would be best if she left her friends and the baby far behind her, severing all ties and vowing not to interfere or even look in on them, for fear that she might change her mind. This decision was also made for another reason: Lily and Sastre were both concerned that their enemies might discover Allison's existence if they spent an inordinate amount of time checking in on the Hydes, so they both knew keeping their distance was for the best all around.

It took several weeks for Lily to heal and recover from the difficult labor, and even longer after that to gain back her strength and get back into hunting shape, but once she did she was back on the road with Sastre, spending most of her time now hunting on Earth, though she did travel to Istari on occasion. Once she felt she'd learned everything she could from Sastre, Lily set out on her own, though her path crossed with her mentor and friend more than once over the years, and they often lent each other a hand when it was needed. During this time Lily's grasp, comprehension, and all around obsession with Earth's wondrous technology only increased, and she proved herself to be quite adept at it on more than one occasion.

The next several years passed relatively uneventfully for Lily, or rather, as uneventfully as is possible for a hunter. She spent most of her time on Earth, only traveling to Istari on the rare occasions that some situation or other required her personal intervention. She made friends and allies, and enemies of course, though those were pretty rare since she tried to make a special point of killing anything that might end up with a grudge against her; she also had the occasional lover, mostly one-night stands, and developed a reputation as an all around reliable, efficient, and professional hunter, but one who knew how to relax and have a little fun when the situation warranted it.

With her age still difficult to pinpoint exactly, it was sometime in her early twenties that she met Abbie Brennan, a hunter and white witch who may as well have cast a legitimate spell on Lily, so infatuated did she become. The pair began a whirlwind relationship, one that showed Lily that maybe, just maybe, it was possible to have a little something for herself in the world after all, instead of devoting all of her time and energy to others. In Brennan she'd found not only a friend and lover, but a perfect partner as well, with their skills on the job complimenting each other almost flawlessly. After only a few short months together, the two women were married, which was something that Lily would never have expected to happen to her in a thousand years.

Everything had been going so good for so long that it was only a matter of time before the other shoe dropped.

It came in the form of a written message, passed from hand to hand among her allies and contacts in Istari until it finally reached her on Earth. It was from Bishop of the King's Men, and it was a request for her aid in infiltrating the manor house of a vampire Lord of Westenra named Dominic. In exchange for her aid, he would revoke her exile and welcome her back to her homeland with open arms. To the untrained eye, the message was exactly what it was written as, but to Lily there was something else to it, something hidden in the words, the phrasing, the way it was written. Bishop had used several code words to reveal to Lily the truth of the situation: he and Knight had been taken by the vampire lord as prisoners, and that she was not to come for them, because they were most likely dead already.

Of course, sitting it out and letting her former teachers remain in the vampire's hands was not an option for Lily. Even if Bishop and Knight truly were dead, she had to find out for herself, and if they were still alive, she had to do everything she could to save them. With Brennan and Sastre at her side, Lily set out for Westenra, and after weeks of travel and stealth, the three hunters managed to infiltrate Lord Dominic's manor house. Though they were able to slip past the guards and defenses, once inside all hell broke loose, and the three of them were hard pressed to fight their way to the dungeon deep below the manor. There, amidst carnage and horrors the likes of which they'd never seen, they found Knight and Bishop, tortured and gravely injured, but against all odds alive.

Unfortunately their battle was only just beginning, and the added task of carrying the two helpless King's Men to freedom meant that fighting and defending themselves became much more difficult for Lily, Sastre and Brennan. As they neared the manor's exit, all of them sported wounds and injuries of varying degrees, with Brennan faring the worst, while Lily did her utmost to protect all of her friends by playing rear guard. She lost count of how many vampires she slew before, finally, she was overwhelmed; in that moment she knew she was doomed, but at the same time she felt a deep sense of relief, knowing that she'd bought enough time for her companions to escape to safety. A dozen rebel soldiers were waiting just out of sight of the manor house, and undoubtedly they would see Sastre, Bishop, Knight, and Brennan out of danger.

That was her last clear thought before months of terror, violence, and slavery broke her utterly.

The specifics of that time are still not entirely clear to Lily. All she remembers is the pain, the fear, and the sounds of the entire vampiric court laughing at her misery and torture. It felt like an eternity to her, but in reality she was only in the custody of Dominic and his court for two months before, against all odds, Sastre was able to fight his way in to free her, slaughtering a preposterous amount of vampires in the process. In what can only be described as a miracle, the hunter managed to spirit her away to safety, unmindful of his own numerous injuries. What should have been a joyous occasion was unfortunately marred by one discovery, though:

Somehow, during the battle and the mad rush to freedom, Lily had been turned into a vampire.

By rights Sastre should have killed her; he'd done it in the past, dozens of times, considering it a mercy to kill the newly turned person rather than let them live as a vampire. He simply couldn't bring himself to do it, though, and instead he took Lily back to Earth, to the ancient Navajo medicine woman who'd helped raise and train him: Sialea-lea. It was there, at her home in the Four Corners area of the New Mexico desert, that Sastre hoped to find a way to cure Lily rather than kill her.

It took weeks of travel, and all along the way Lily slipped in and out of consciousness, but always when she had her rare lucid moments she would make Sastre swear that he would tell Brennan she was dead. Lily didn't want her wife to know that she'd become a blood-thirsty monster, and she would never be able to return to her old life. Sastre told her that wouldn't be necessary, that Sialea-lea would cure her, but she could sense his doubt, and she made him swear anyway.

Sastre's doubts ended up being well-founded, and he was certain he'd have to kill Lily after all when Sialea-lea declared that the vampirism had set in too deeply to be cured, despite her impressive powers and abilities. All hope was not lost, however, since Lily had yet to feed on a human being; because of this, the medicine woman was able to perform a ritual to "stunt" the vampirism, leaving it in a weakened state that left Lily somewhere between full vampire and human. She shared some of the strengths that were the hallmark of the vampire race, but they were far less potent, and she retained most of her human weaknesses in addition to the vampiric ones. But she could never pass her vampirism on, and her bloodlust was substantially curbed.

After recovering from the strain of the ritual, Lily was asked to stay in Four Corners with Sialea-lea to heal, both mentally and physically, from her time in captivity. Sastre agreed that that would be best, and that Lily would be safe there with the old woman, whose potent magic could protect her from any sort of reprisals from Lord Dominic, or anyone else who may be seeking her out. Knowing that it would be some time before she could try and get her life back to any semblance of normalcy, Lily agreed, and once again made Sastre swear that he would tell Brennan that Lily had died in his attempt to free her, which in a way was true.

Lily spent months relearning how to live, how to use her new abilities, and doing everything she could to absorb Sialea-lea's lessons about moving on from her trauma, working with the woman to heal the wounds to her mind and spirit. Once she deemed herself suitably recovered, Lily was back on the road, hunting and doing everything she could to keep her mind off of Brennan, a task that became more and more difficult every passing day. Finally it was too much for her to bear, and she could only pray that Brennan would forgive her for her deception, and accept what it was she'd become.

The drive to Chicago was one of the longest journeys of her life, and when she finally arrived, she wasn't even sure that the wards around Brennan's shop would allow her inside. It was evening when she parked down the street from the shop, but practically the middle of the night when she worked up the nerve to finally slip inside. As she expected, Brennan was alerted to her presence immediately, and a tense reunion followed. Lily knew things would be difficult for a little while, but she was confident that eventually they would be able to get back to where they were before the catastrophe that'd separated them.

Lily was in for the greatest shock of her life when Brennan revealed that she'd discovered and taken in Allison, who'd ended up in the foster care system after the tragic and accidental deaths of Cynthia and Morris Hyde. During the months that Sastre was gone trying to save Lily, Brennan had cast a scrying spell to try and find her wife, and the spell had locked on to Allison instead, presumably because Sialea-lea's magic prevented the witch's magic from finding its intended target. Nothing could have prepared Lily for this, and it rocked her to her core, nearly causing her to leave again rather than let her newfound vampirism touch or endanger her daughter.

Things were touch and go for a while as the three of them--Lily, Brennan, and Allison--found their places in this new dynamic. Allison's presence did much to help Lily heal even more from the wounds to her spirit, and having Brennan in her life again gave her the strength to accept everything that'd happened and work to move on from it. Having a real family isn't anything Lily ever planned for, and truthfully she's still terrified that she'll do something to ruin it all, but she's willing to take things one day at a time.

Currently Lily and Brennan continue to hunt, using the time together on the road to reforge the bond they once had, a bond that has been beaten and maybe even bent a little, but never fully broken. Lily has yet to reveal her vampirism to her daughter, afraid of what the little girl would think of her, and she also tries to keep it secret from as many of her contacts and allies among the hunter community, for obvious reasons. As horrible as the entire experience of being turned was, Lily is trying to see the best in it, and she uses all of her vampiric abilities as simply more weapons in her arsenal as she continues to wage war on the monsters and other fell creatures who prey on humanity.

Powers and Limitations
» Vampiric Nature: Thanks to an ancient, powerful ritual that was performed on her before she tasted human blood, Lily's vampiric nature was "stunted" in such a way that, while she still retains most of the traits and abilities of a vampire, those traits are greatly diminished. Lily is stronger, faster, and hardier than a human, though not equal to a "normal" vampire. She heals faster than a human, so injuries that should take weeks to heal will generally do so in days instead. This healing increases exponentially if she drinks blood while injured. Lily also has enhanced senses, but again, not as enhanced as a standard vampire. Lastly, she is immune to human sickness, disease, and--assumedly--aging.

RP Sample
Lily sat in the dark corner of the smoky common room, her stormy-blue eyes studying everyone who entered, gauging their threat and the likelihood that they’d cause trouble.

She’d arrived in town three days earlier, and had earned herself a place as the muscle for an innkeeper who’d had troubles with the locals in the past. A few coins a week and free room and board weren’t things Lily couldn't afford to turn down right now, so she’d agreed to the jittery little man’s terms, and established herself in the corner of the common room.

The first night had gone smoothly, with no trouble to speak of. The second night, though, had been quite interesting.

A gang of rowdy, drunk teamsters had staggered into the inn and began barking orders for food, drink, and the company of one of the younger serving girls. Lily happened to know that that particular girl was the innkeeper’s daughter, and that her job at the inn was as a serving girl only. There were three other women of negotiable virtue who could give these men the entertainment they desired, but they were dead set on the poor, frightened innkeeper’s daughter. When the man flashed Lily a desperate, wide-eyed glance, she simply nodded, stood, and made her way over to the men.

What followed was a short but brutal brawl, which resulted in half of the teamsters being beaten into unconsciousness, and the other half sporting a wide assortment of bruises and injuries, as well as the burden of their fallen comrades. They’d left without a word, though there’d been some grumbled complaints and threats, and more than one hateful glare leveled at Lily, not that she cared.

Tonight, the third night, she was expecting trouble, and she wasn’t disappointed.

Four of the men from last night sauntered confidently into the common room, their eyes going immediately to Lily. The young woman didn’t bother moving; she just remained seated at her corner table as the men wandered over, hands resting on the hilts of the swords they wore on their belts. She could tell that they meant business, but she wasn’t about to give them the pleasure of even acknowledging their presence. Instead she simply sipped at her drink and let her eyes roam the rest of the room.

“Hey bitch,” one of the men growled, slamming his balled fist against the table in front of her. When Lily casually lifted her eyes to meet his, he continued. “That was some fancy work, the way you busted up our pals last night, but now it’s time you pay the price.”

He nodded to the other three, and as one they drew their blades…

And it was a mistake they’d regret for the rest of their lives.

Lily was up from the table and moving among them before they even realized they were in any danger. Her own short-sword slid silently from its sheath and, making a glimmering arc before her, the blade cleanly separated the leader’s sword arm from his shoulder.

The severed limb hit the ground.

Blood sprayed everywhere.

Someone screamed.

But Lily was unaffected by any of those things as her weapon snapped out three more times, taking one of the men’s arm at the elbow, and the other two’s between elbow and wrist. The common room exploded in activity as people rushed for the door, trying to put as much distance between themselves and the fighting as possible. They didn’t realize that the fighting was already over though, with all four men writing in agony on the floor, clutching their bleeding stumps and sobbing in pain and disbelief.

Lily knelt calmly and cleaned her blade on the leader’s cloak before standing and sheathing it once more. Her eyes scanned the room again, looking for another possible threat, and when she saw none, her gaze settled on the innkeeper. The poor little man was white as a ghost and shaking violently, his mouth opening and closing like a beached fish.

“See to it that these men are taken to the healer,” she said softly. “I’ll clean up the mess.”

Player Info
I'm Arius, one of the main admins here on Istari. I live in Michigan, USA with my wife Kalista, and I spend most of my free time writing, reading, or gaming. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to drop me a PM!
Coded by Kalista for Istari
PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Mar 19th 2013, 10:24 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1008 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

This application has been unlocked for updates.
PM 
^
Lily Brennan
 Posted: Mar 29th 2015, 08:44 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
36 Posts
Mid to late 20s
Bisexual
Taken

Not going to be making any edits to Lily this time around!
PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Mar 30th 2015, 09:19 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1008 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

Welcome to Istari! For full activation and site access, use the links above to add your new character to the Face Claims and Who Plays Who.
PM 
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Closed Topic Start new topic 

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.