Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

Special Announcement VI, New skin details and info
Kalista
 Posted: Apr 30th 2017, 12:24 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1008 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

April 30th, 2017
Well met, fellow Istarins!

Thank you to everyone for your patience while we gave Istari the love and attention it deserved. As you can see, we've had a slight remodel and face lift, and we hope you're as excited about the new features as we are! Here's a breakdown of what's new:

Character Stats: There is now a pop-up box in the banner that will display a stats table for easy reference. This table includes the number of characters per species, male-to-female ratio, and total number of characters.

Alerts: We have now activated the premium Alert System feature on Istari, which has removed the need for a tag box. To send someone an alert to let them know you've posted a reply for them or need them in a thread, add @[Character Name] somewhere in your post. Make sure the name matches the character's registered account name with correct spacing between the first and last name (if any). There's also an @Tag button with the rest of the code buttons above the post window now. You can check your alerts on the right-hand side of the login bar. The My Assistant link is still available as a button to the bottom left of the board next to the cbox and page return buttons for those who enjoyed that feature.

Avatars: Avatars are now 400px tall x 250px wide. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to upload new avatars for your characters, but we don't foresee this changing again any time soon, if ever.

Titles: You will now be able to give your character a custom title, which will be displayed under their name in their mini profile. This can be added from the My Controls panel after your character has been approved and activated. We recommend using a title, nickname, or profession, but a favorite saying or personal quote may fit as well.

Gifs: That gif field that's been hiding in your profile options is now fully functional! The dimensions for your mini profile gif should be no smaller than 130 x 130, but as long as you're using a square gif, anything larger will resize automatically to fit.

MP3s: Just like that previously-useless gif field, your MP3 field now works as well! Check out the Members' Lounge for information on what types of links will work for your music!

New Character Info Fields: Your character's mini profile will now show a little more personal information about your character. We've included a spot for Age, Sexuality, and Relationship Status, which can be found in the My Controls section. Please remember to keep this info to one or two words - it's there as a quick reference, so we don't need to know that your character is a Demiromantic Heterosexual with Latent Homosexual Tendencies in the mini profile. Simply "Heterosexual," "Heteroflexible," "Bisexual," "Bi-curious," etc will work, and the details can be left to the character's application, where there's more room. Naturally, the same will hold true for their relationship status. If it's too difficult to pin down in one or two words, "It's Complicated" is a perfectly acceptable entry. You're also welcome to put "Undisclosed" if you'd rather leave it to other players to discover through RP.

These fields will work best to generate plots and interest for characters if they're kept up to date, so if you've chosen to disclose this information, please remember to check it every so often and adjust it accordingly. The staff reserves the right to remove and inappropriate entries or adjust entries accordingly (if an entry is running too long, for instance).

Still to Come: While the new skin takes care of the majority of our planned site work, we still have a couple updates on the way. The first will be updating every character to the new application template. Arius and I will take care of the majority of the legwork where that's concerned, so don't panic! Once we've updated all the applications, we will move them to their own Work In Progress section so players can add in new graphics for their characters and write their powers out in the new expanded format. When the time comes, players will have a month to complete their updates, and completing them will count as the activity check for that month. If you'd like to start planning ahead by writing out your character's powers or cropping new app images and saving them to your computer, you're more than welcome; the new dimensions are listed on the application template, and gifs are welcome for the image above the sidebar.

The second addition will be implementation of a "Quick Reference Sheet" for use with the cbox. This is still a ways down the line, and we won't start working on it until all the applications have been updated, but you'll notice the link is already included in the new mini profile. Our intention is to provide a small template with at-a-glance information so players can easily locate your character's looks, distinguishing marks, accents, latent abilities that might affect their own character when close to them, etc without having to wade through the character's entire application. A link to the quick reference sheet will replace the current application link when clicking on a character's name in the cbox. When the time comes, we'll discuss what we're planning on including and take feedback from our players to try and make this new tool as useful as possible for our community.

As a final note, if you have any questions regarding the new layout or notice any bugs, please contact Arius or me. We're here to help, and we appreciate your patience through this transition. We're so grateful to have such a friendly group of players, and we look forward to playing with you for a long time to come! Thank you!

Kalista and Arius
Coded by Kalista

PM 
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.