Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

Zion, Agent of The Fates
zion
 Posted: Jun 25th 2018, 04:29 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by bloo
1 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

User Group
Uniques
Sexuality
Heterosexual
Occupation
Soldier | Author | Agent of The Fates
Aliases
The Messenger | Fate
Face Claim
Ben Barnes
Zion
♪ If you don't realize all the things, you can do ♪
♪ You will be left behind, swept up by the storm of those you knew ♪
Physical Description
The Messenger, as some have taken to calling Zion, appears as a very clean looking fellow. He possesses a well tamed mustache that connects to a beard shaven close to the face. Zion has a paler complexion which doesn't pleasantly respond to too much exposure to sunlight, but an unblemished complexion nonetheless. With an angular jawline and dark, brown, eyes Zion lends himself to the category of the "handsome gentleman." His brown locks are combed towards the back of his head effectively, but easily get out of hand if not tended to effectively. Standing at one inch over six feet, Zion moves as an above average sized shadow of a human. He weighs in at roughly 173 pounds, with the majority of his weight being composed of moderately sculpted muscle.

Being naturally lean, Zion's long limbs are easily noticeable. He can often be seen wearing a professional attire, equipped with a tuxedo coat, tie, and clothes of the like. He is partial to wearing black especially. However, he is not foreign to the idea of casual attire, having to make use of it on many occasions. Disguise is not foreign to Zion either, leaving many who have encountered him to question if he is appearing in his true form. Known only to those it concerns most though, seeing The Fates' agent appear in his signature, wide-brimmed, black hat means that he has come on the call of business.

» The thrills of danger & The rush of pain

» Intellectual Challenges

» Collecting Knowledge

» Competition

» Silence

» Being Analyzed

» Culture

» Animals

» Books

» Observing Others

» Learning

Dislikes
» Losing

» The great majority of other people

» Emotions

» Crowds

» Interruptions to his thinking

» People in denial

» Being conceptually lost

» Riddles

» Being doubted

Strengths
» Has mastered speech and the use of dialect

» Using his powers as a conduit of The Fates

» A barehanded combatant of immense proportions

» Remaining unpredictable and composed regardless of circumstance

» Possesses an extremely high intellect, enabling him to defend his mind and effectively use it as his most reliable tool

» Possesses a knowledge of Istari and Earth that exceeds the significant majority of either worlds' inhabitants

Weaknesses
» Attracted to danger and the potential of intriguing endeavors almost to a fault

» Slight Arrogance in the extent of his immortality

» Must always obey the whims of The Fates' often cryptic and moral-less orders

» A greed for knowledge

» Extreme reliance on pure logical reasoning and his natural intellectual prowess allow for sentimental context to easily baffle him -- especially if in direct relation to him

» Faced with defeat in games of the mind, he can be left stupefied at times.

» The portal from which Zion was rebirthed as a living being into Istari can be identified as a source of his livelihood. It's destruction will result, immediately, in the destruction of Zion's lifeforce.

Goals
» To identify The Fates

» To learn of what his identity was prior to being recruited by The Fates

» To be the single most intelligent creature that walks the physical planes

Fears
» Being betrayed by The Fates

» Finding someone that could accurately analyze him -- aside from The Fates whom are the only Celestials that know all of his secrets

» Emotional Attachment

Personality
Acting as the current Agent of The Fates, Zion seeks to embody his own perception of what is the ultimate in performance. Skewed by immortality, an exposure to The Fates and a disdain for human emotion, Zion's views reflect that of a compassion-less god. Assertive, and vocal, yet mysterious and wise, Zion appears as an enigma to most that encounter him.

A practiced detachment from emotions has allowed for Zion to become extremely charismatic. He is able to freely express emotion in the most false manner of ways so skillful that he is able to effortlessly make the impression he intends to promote. Although this is true, Zion has a tendency to lean towards a reserved nonchalance in his more common behaviors. He finds amusement in the reactions of others, making chuckles and smirks reoccurring gestures among Zion's behaviors. It also is a cause for Zion to lend himself to teasing and the employment of deliberately ambiguous word choice when speaking to others. It doesn't take an extended exposure to the mysterious messenger to reveal that he is of a playful nature. However, he finds limitations in the presence of his own extended exposure to other people.

Zion is a creature of solitude. He prefers it. When not engaged with direct interaction, he can be observed absently facing the world with an expressionless gaze. The best of such solitude is found within Zion's mind, which houses all of the countless ideas he feels compelled to contemplate on a regular basis. Just as perceptive as he is internally, Zion is when it comes to observing his surroundings. One of the things Zion prides himself most on is his attention to detail in observation and his ability to make connections and draw conclusions in places and at levels that most cannot. Such a gift allows for arrogance to seep into Zion's thought processes. And, in domino effect, this leads to a temperamental state of mind and lack of respect that borders on condescension at times.

Naturally, Zion has a hard time lending himself to others. His interest in romance is limited mostly to physical levels, but is even further limited by the fact that Zion hardly finds entertainment in the endeavors of most sexual adventure. Zion finds many of the mortal amusements to be a chore, and often has a preference to things that many view as much less socially enhancing. Where he finds weakness in his persona; such as in the acknowledgement of his heavily suppressed anxiety, and inability to fully ignore his constantly nagging anger, Zion uses drugs and alcohol to keep himself level. Zion is a heavy smoker, finding various plants to assist his plights. However, his drinking usually carries on beyond the point of control, differing from the aforementioned habit. With no more of a necessity to question the higher power that exists between worlds, Zion operates simply only in the movement to move further away from his humanity. Perhaps a certain sense of depression has set in at the realization that there is no foreseeable endgame for him, and that could be one of the main factors to inspire his greed for knowledge and hunger to usurp the greater power.

History
REPLACE THIS PARAGRAPH WITH YOUR CHARACTER'S HISTORY. This section should include at least four to six good-sized paragraphs and should be written in narrative form (third person, past tense). Start out with their family, home life, and education while growing up. Periods where little happens or changes can be skimmed over, but any major or life-changing events, such as deaths, relocations, changes in fortune or status, discovery and training of powers, special abilities, or the other world, etc. should definitely be mentioned. Finish up by letting us know where your character is now and what they're doing.

<--- Separate your additional paragraphs by using this tag at the beginning of each one.

Powers and Limitations
» Supernatural Intelligence: Zion has one of the most refined minds in Istari, even surpassing that of some Celestial beings. He is glaringly superior to the great majority of his peers when it comes to applications of the mind; he is able to learn concepts and techniques and or understand their applications after exposure to them for only brief periods of time. This allows for the storage of an immense collection of knowledge and memories. Both of which can accessed freely due to an enhanced control over the mechanical operations within the brain. Furthermore, Zion is able to observe a level of situational perception that allows him to foresee consequences and conclusions sometimes years along into the future. Likewise, his ability to draw conclusions and make accurate analyses even when confronted with only minimal context is baffling to most. When faced with the likes of telepaths and the sort, Zion maintains the ability to cloud his mind at levels so chaotic that it may even damage those attempting to invade his mind. His mindforce acts in ways that can be defined as magical. Although, this is limited only to a sense of when his mind is being targeted. He is able to control his consciousness at a level that allows him to combat these attacks on the mind by absorbing them into the realm of his consciousness itself. It is a process even more tiring that of physical combat for Zion, but leads unto a fate arguably worse than death for those that would lose in challenging him.

There are limitations to the intellect Zion possesses, and there are those in the world that can effectively lead him to misplace his thoughts. Especially when confronted by situations of pure probability is Zion left to fend for himself based on mere guesses. While there is a wealth of knowledge in the possession of Zion, there is nothing preventing his mindforce from failing him at times simply because it relies on the unconquerable prospect of fully controlling the brain. Time itself serves to be an enemy of the accelerated rate at which Zion can formulate thoughts, with time being what is required to successfully use his immense intellect. In the end, the necessity for further education always remains as well, meaning that there also remains an innumerable array of concepts in which Zion has completely no experience or relevant knowledge.

» Reliant Immortality: As a product of his rebirth being connected to the very realm that exists between Earth and Istari, Zion has been granted immortality. He no longer ages, and no longer has to adhere to mortal needs for consumption and respiration. Furthermore, Zion's death in the physical plane is something perceived by The Fates only as 'Fate being bested.' Thus, his death results only in Zion being injected back into the world through the very portal from which he first entered. The portal itself, and not The Fates, is the source for this immortality.

» Supernatural Physicality: Zion's physicality, however, is a gift bestowed upon him directly by the Celestials which took a liking to him. He is able to withstand physical abuse far surpassing normal humans and heals at accelerated rates, although he is still vulnerable to conventional means of inflicting damage. Zion is also significantly more gifted than normal humans in his athleticism, coordination, and accuracy. He is able to perceive and react to stimuli at very minute levels, and relies on his senses as a means of giving him the advantage in all manner of situations.

» Chi Manipulation: The source from which Zion draws the power to face against beasts and magic users of greater proportions of strength is the very magical energy which resides in his body. Measurable only by the willpower that can be mustered by the user, in relation to their understanding of using the magnificent energy, Chi is a magic force that can be used to achieve feats of great wonder. For Zion in particular, this extends to an ability to project one's energy outward as either a defensive ward or offensive kinetic force, and as a means of increasing one's physical strength. Chi is something connected to the very life force of the user itself, and thus it can be used to also manipulate the life force of another if properly manipulated. This is one of the most prominent reasons that it does not see a wide practice among the mortals. Also, it means that the scale at which Zion may use his Chi Manipulation is reliant on his levels of fatigue at a given time. Due to his immortality, however, this scale is only made to deplete in the prolonged use of Chi because it surpasses his naturally boundless stamina to fatigue him in more mystical ways.

» The Art of Life and Death: The preferred style of fighting that Zion employs in close quarters combat. Originally developed as an assassination art, the philosophy of the well-hidden martial art revolves around a warrior's code in which defeat means death. The latent power of this art is sourced from the inner will of the user, a form of magical channeling not widely practiced among the safer regions of Istari. It is a ludicrously perfected martial art which has been calculated to deliver the most power while using the least amount of strength. It is a fighting style which incorporates an advanced understanding of medicine into it's violence. It has conventional practices but also employs forms which prioritize the projection of one's will through another's body and the environment itself, targeting vital points and joints, facing opponents with weapons barehanded, and facing mages with ranged magical attacks barehanded.

In it's most advanced form, The Art of Life and Death is utilized to compel the lifeforce of the target from their body completely, while simultaneously destroying the physical form. It is, thus, a form of necromancy that does not discriminate between the living and the dead. As with any magic, using The Art of Life and Death is a fatiguing venture, although it lends itself to more prolonged use than other arts of it's kind due to the refinement of how energy is transferred and projected out of the body.

RP Sample
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST CHARACTER, REPLACE THIS PARAGRAPH WITH YOUR RP SAMPLE. The sample should follow the character you're applying for, should be of average post length, and should be written in third-person, past-tense. NPCs are welcome, and it is strongly recommended that dialogue be included at some point in the RP sample. Writing or a post from another site is acceptable as long as it fits this site's universe and continuity and applies to your character as they are on this site.

<--- Separate your additional paragraphs by using this tag at the beginning of each one.

If this is NOT your first character or a canon character, erase everything above and write “See (Name of First Character)” between these center tags

Player Info
REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR PLAYER INFO. Introduce yourself here! Good things to include are your name or alias, age, time zone, other characters, and how you found us.
Coded by Kalista for Istari
PM 
^
Arius
 Posted: Jun 25th 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2217 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

Hello Bloo, and welcome to Istari!

Before you get too far along with Zion's app, I just wanted to let you know that Ben Barnes is already taken as a face claim. Be sure to double check the Face Claims List before choosing one, to make sure they aren't already in use.

Thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Arius
 Posted: Jul 15th 2018, 05:45 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2217 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

There has been no progress on this application since June 25th. If progress isn't made by Wednesday, July 18th it will be denied due to inactivity.

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Arius
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:39 pm
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2217 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.