Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

New Orleans - Awakening, Brennan
Lily Brennan
 Posted: Nov 4th 2017, 12:39 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
36 Posts
Mid to late 20s
Bisexual
Taken

Lily had never hunted a shtriga before, but she knew enough about them from her research to know not only their habits, but that they were relatively difficult to kill.

The first inkling that something unusual was going on in New Orleans was a rash of mysterious deaths among the city's teenagers. A bit of digging on Lily and Brennan's part had eventually unearthed one telling commonality between all of the victims: they were what was popularly referred to as "urban explorers", and they'd all recently spent time in a local abandoned amusement park that'd been shut down by Hurricane Katrina more than a decade earlier.

As such, it made sense that that would be their next destination.

The amusement park had an incredibly creepy and appealing atmosphere, and Lily could immediately understand the draw it had on those fascinated by exploring such locations. Truthfully, under better circumstances the hunter admitted to herself that even she would love the opportunity to snoop around the place, but that would have to wait until she and Brennan had taken care of the creature that'd apparently set up shop in the ruins of the park.

Standing just outside, armed and ready to go, Lily glanced at her wife with a wry smile.

"Ready?"
PM 
^
Abigail Brennan
 Posted: Nov 9th 2017, 05:36 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
33 Posts
Bisexual
Committed

So much more that I've got now to fight for

Brennan finished checking her semiautomatic, currently loaded up with consecrated iron rounds, and nodded, slipping it back into its holster.

She wasn’t sure whether or not they’d actually have a shot at this thing tonight, but it never hurt to come prepared. Cases that involved kids always hit a nerve, even more so now that she had her own. She couldn’t imagine anything happening to Allison now that she had her, and she wanted to see that this thing was taken down as quickly as possible before anyone else was hurt. Finding out where it holed up during the day would go a long way toward that goal.

“Charming place,” she commented wryly as the two made their way into the park, passing by a cutout of the park chain’s mascot. The smiling figure of the old man sporting a dapper suit and spats had been made over in the years since the storm had turned it into a ghost town. Spray paint had given his eyes an evil red glow, and blood and black gore seemed to drip from his mouth, merging with the runoff from a glistening, painted-on head wound. The sign he pointed to bore no remaining resemblance to the park’s logo; instead, crudely scrawled letters now welcomed children to Zombie Land, lending an appropriate air of the macabre to the deserted streets.

Well, if the park had to endure squatters and vandals as it slowly decomposed, at least it had seemed to get a few with a sense of humor. Shaking her head, Brennan nodded toward an amphitheater ahead of them.

“That looks like as good a place as any. Shall we start there and make a circuit?”

But it still doesn't change who I am

Tag:  Lily Brennan

Words:  282

Outfit:  Here

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Lily Brennan
 Posted: Nov 10th 2017, 09:54 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
36 Posts
Mid to late 20s
Bisexual
Taken

Lily nodded, absently drawing her 1900 Colt.

True, the weapon wouldn't do much against the shtriga unless they caught it feeding by some miracle, but Lily knew there were possibly other dangers lurking in this park: human dangers. Squatters, drug dealers, and even more of these "urban explorers' who might not appreciate strangers coming into their territory. The consecrated iron rounds loaded in her gun would be just as deadly to a human as a shtriga, after all.

In the end though, this expedition was about scouting and making sure their target really was holed up here. If they had the chance to making a killing shot, they'd take it, but the chances of that were slim to none.

Keeping her pistol at her side, Lily followed Brennan into the amphitheater, looking around in mild interest.

"Amazing they're just letting a place like this rot away..."

PM 
^
Abigail Brennan
 Posted: Feb 5th 2018, 10:51 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
33 Posts
Bisexual
Committed

So much more that I've got now to fight for

The witch nodded, picking her way carefully through the broken chairs and debris scattered across the floor of the amphitheater, making her way down toward the stage.

“I heard the drainage system failed, and the salt water just ruined everything.”

She shook her head, still amazed at the events that had led to the park’s downfall. As if it was a scenario in some story, the theme park had simply closed its doors one day in preparation of the storm, never to open them again. The break walls designed to prevent flooding had quickly been overrun, and with the failure of the pumps, they had proved more harm than good, holding in the corrosive seawater long after the hurricane had wound to an end. By the time it finally seeped away, it had stripped the paint from every attraction it had come into contact with, damaging the foundations past repair.

Everywhere around them, the surreal scenery only reinforced the fact that life in the park had simply ceased without warning that fateful day. Set pieces still hung from their scaffoldings above the stage, moldering but surprisingly vivid in the sheltered open-air theater, hidden away from the effects of the sun. Most of the props had been destroyed or strewn throughout the broken chairs, and a stack of forgotten programs had blown throughout the sunken space, now plastered to many of the lower surfaces. Atop the stage lay a mess of hulking structures and misshapen piles of fabric, the remnants of a once-vibrant set of costumes. In the uncertain lighting, it was easy to catch movement out of the corner of her eye, and she quickly searched through the backstage area before heading back up the stairs and back out into the open air.

“It’s crazy how something that used to be so happy and innocent can be so disconcerting, now,” she mused, making for the next attraction on their list. “I can see why it would make such an appealing place to explore. I can’t believe everyone just… up and left.”

But it still doesn't change who I am

Tag:  Lily Brennan

Words:  341

Outfit:  Here

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Lily Brennan
 Posted: Mar 27th 2018, 06:58 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
36 Posts
Mid to late 20s
Bisexual
Taken

Lily fell into what she liked to think of as her "professional" silence.

She'd been trained so well to work on her own, that it was still difficult sometimes to communicate with a partner, even when that partner was her wife. They'd been hunting together for years now, and while Brennan spoke, Lily's eyes were taking in every detail, and her mind was analyzing and dissecting a dozen possible entry and exit points, as well as identifying everything within twenty feet of her that could be used as a potential weapon.

As the pair left the amphitheater, movement from across the square caught her eye, drawing all of her attention. What she had at first perceived as just another shadow had unexpectedly shifted, ducking down a path between two vendor's booths, apparently trying very hard to stay out of sight. Lily raised her gun instinctively; she knew full well that her shots wouldn't do any good against a shtriga unless the monster was feeding, but training and years of living this dangerous life had drilled certain reactions into her.

Glancing at Brennan, she nodded toward the place where the shadow had been, then indicated that the witch should try and circle around behind it while Lily moved in directly.

PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.