Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Second Home, tagged; Rykar Turocson
Nellie Sterling
 Posted: Feb 8th 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
67 Posts
Heterosexual
Taken

Second Home

Being back on Earth almost seemed unreal, but at the same time, it almost made living in Errosed with her husband unreal. To be truthful, she enjoyed both worlds a lot, but Earth was her one and only true love for home. It was the place that she grew up and came to know, this was where her heart was set. Rykar and Nellie had already stopped by the bar to say hello to her brother, who had promised to come home early to spend time with them. Right after that the two of them departed on their journey to the apartment. It was tinier than what Rykar was used too, but to Nellie it was perfect. The front door opened right up into an open concept living space with a hallway directly to their left that lead to the three bedrooms and one bath of the place. Just in front of them on the opposite wall was a balcony door that overlooked the city of Boston, or at much of it as it possible could. Once inside, Nellie released her guide dog from his leash. He immediately when barreling over to the dog bed that sit in the corner of the room where he could still see everyone. He missed the cool winter air of the city just as much as Nellie did, however it was most likely certain that Rykar might not be a fan of it. Her guide dog was a malamute who often couldn’t handle the hot sunny rays of the Errosed sun, but he adapted. Nellie placed her bag onto the couch as she headed for the kitchen and grabbed herself a drink. Seeing the apartment after going so many months without laying her eyes on it felt amazing. The castle in Errosed was beautiful and spacious, but there was just something comforting about the tiny space that the apartment provided. She turned to look her husband and smiled. “Are you thirsty? Do you need anything to drink?”
414 | tagged: Rykar Turocson | n/a | thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
THANK YOU CHELSEA FOR THE SIGNATURE
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Rykar Turacson
 Posted: Apr 29th 2018, 12:08 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by zombie
40 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

I believed in your confusion
Earth was nothing like Errosed. He had learned that before when he had traveled back and forth between the worlds, mostly for entertainment before he became king of his homeland. Now, going to Earth was reserved for times when Nellie was very ill or very homesick. Rykar had hoped that after their wedding, she would come to think of Errosed as her home, but he knew now that this was never going to happen. He saw the way her face lit up when she got back to Earth, how much more she seemed to smile here. Her family was here, her job, her healers...Rykar loved her dearly, but moments like this, seeing her so deliriously happy in a way he knew he could never provide for her, made him wonder if she was happy at all in Errosed. He walked into her apartment, which was so tiny to him that he felt almost claustrophobic, but held his tongue. He shivered, something he had not stopped doing since they had arrived here hours ago. How she enjoyed the cold, he would never understand; he would take a warm sun and green grass any day over the white snow and frozen temperatures. The world just felt so...dead. The winter was so barren and lifeless, and the buildings of stone and metal here held no life of any kind. Rykar knew this was Nellie’s home, but he could never live here. Rykar shook his head, arms wrapped around himself to keep warm as he looked over the apartment, feeling very much like a caged animal. They had gone to dinner with her family, whom he cared for but did not feel like he really identified with, and ate food that was as foreign to him as he was sure the food in Errosed was to her, and drank some strange drinks as well. "No, love. I'm fine."
you were so completely torn
PM 
^
Nellie Sterling
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:43 pm
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
67 Posts
Heterosexual
Taken

Second Home

She could see that there was a change in her husband’s demeanor the moment that they arrived on Earth, and Nellie would be a liar if she said that it didn’t bother her. She knew that it was because of how she felt about Earth as a whole. Don’t get her wrong, Nellie loved being in Errosed because she was with Rykar, but she never actually felt like she fit in there. It was her home country yes, but it was a country that was so foreign to her. Her parents left Errosed when she was at a very young age. She didn’t really have a deep connection to the kingdom like her husband did. Her deep connection was to Earth.

Nellie frowned, “Something’s wrong. I can see it written all over your face.” She gestured to her face before she dropped her stuff onto her bed, gave her dog a good rub down then dropped down onto the mattress, patting the empty spot next to her. “Come here, have a seat, and tell me what’s going on.”

Sometimes Nellie felt like she could see the future, or it could have been the fact that they’ve had this conversation multiple times, all of which in different settings. Nellie was well aware that Earth wasn’t home to Rykar, and she by any means didn’t expect him to change that about himself. Especially since now he was King of Errosed. His trips to the side of the plane were going to be few and far between. She’s already accepted the fact that there were probably going to be times where he wouldn’t be able to accompany her back to Earth when she was ill. It was a hard truth, and she would much prefer to have him by her side, but she accepted that this couldn’t be the case.

Sometimes getting him to understand that was difficult. Rykar was a stubborn man, and while he understood that Earth was her home, he also just didn’t understand why Errosed wasn’t her home. It was her mother country, yes, but it wasn’t the place where she grew up. It wasn’t the place where she had memories with her brothers and her parents. It wasn’t the place that had her friends; it wasn’t the place where she built the couple of chapters of her life.

She knew that someday, Errosed will become and feel like home, but right now, it was difficult.
414 | tagged: Rykar Turocson | n/a | thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
THANK YOU CHELSEA FOR THE SIGNATURE
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.