Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed Topic Start new topic 

Inari Fadjah, Elemental Vessel
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Oct 7th 2013, 03:06 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

User Group
Uniques
Sexuality
Asexual
Occupation
Unemployed
Aliases
Nari, Amfel, Amfel Inari, Amfel Fadjah
Face Claim
Barbara Palvin
Inari Fadjah
Our names won’t be remembered, if we die like trampled flowers
I refuse to be forgotten, written off as less than worthless
Scream and cry, but none will hear you. Plead and beg, but none will help you
You no longer live as cattle, will you rise and join the battle?
Physical Description
Inari – when standing tall – stands at the full height of five feet and four inches with a lean and prime physical form from the long years of training in four different sets of martial arts. Her skin tone is fair but darker than most that contrast against her light brown hair and bright grey eyes.

She supports plenty of birth marks all over her body from the previous Amfels before her who have suffered grueling injuries that eventually lead to their death. The most noticeable of them all however is her right eye that is a little bit faded compared to her left and has a long-jaded mark striking down over said eye. The Amfel before her had suffered an eye injury in battle that has since left Inari blind on the right side. The other birth marks however are mainly on her chest, midsection and her back.

Before the destruction of her home, Inari had been considered one of the most beautiful women throughout the kingdom, in which case, her masters had kept her on the temple grounds in order to make sure that she does not forget about her training and her purpose for the people in Etria. However, now Inari embraces her natural beauty by straying away from earthly makeup, and allowing her hair to flow down her back. Because of the spirits that she has dwelling inside of her, Inari is ageless, meaning that her youthful and beautiful looks are a permanent fixture of her face without the signs of aging, worriment, or stress. Her body as well would be in tip top shape considering that the spirits also help her stay immune to diseases.

Before her trip to the Spirit Realm, Inari’s body went through a significant change when she went into the Harmony State. The spirits dwelling within her use her body as their own to provoke harmony with the elements. Her eyes begin to glow a light blue as tribal tattoos then appear all over her body including her arms, legs, and hands. Each tattoo takes on its own formation and its own color to represent each element while still staying connected. Now that the Spirits have bond themselves to Inari’s soul, the tribal markings no longer appear on her, her eyes however still glow whenever she enters the form.

» Travelling

» Marital arts

» Meditating

» Learning new things

» Flowers

» Seeing other people smile

» Being in the company of others

» Protecting people

» Writing

» Being outdoors

» Physical activities

» Lucas & Kelly

Dislikes
» Demons

» Silence

» Monsters – evil monsters

» Closed Minded People

» Poachers

» Senseless violence

» Being the Amfel – but accepts it anyway

» Liars

» Frogs

» Being a failure

» Losing people

» Being blind in one eye

» Darkness

Strengths
» Being able to control all four elements

» Weapons training (not including modern day weapons)

» Martial arts

» Loyal to those that she cares for

» Meditating – allows her access to the past Amfel memories and experiences

» Determined

» Can be a great teacher to herself and others

» Patient with others

» Diligence

» Kindness

Weaknesses
» Lucas & Kelly

» Her anger

» People

» Any mention of how her kingdom was destroyed

» Has a hard time saying no

» Can become impatient when practicing with the elements

» Lack of education

» Lack of confidence in herself

» Lack of control/mastery on her powers

» Meditating

» Being blind in one eye – can make it difficult to fight

» Kindness – people often take advantage of her

» Trusting

» Wards, spells, rituals, and objects that will expel a spirit out of the vessel, prevent them from exiting/entering a room and the like

Goals
» Be the best that she can be

» Help as many people as possible

» Search and find survivors of her kingdom

» Rebuild her kingdom

» Restore her honor she feels that she has lost

Fears
» Being labeled the worst Amfel

» Darkness

» Dying

» Failing people

» Fire

» Being alone

Personality
Inari has a calm and wise demeanor about herself, making people assume or suspect that she is actually older than she truly is. This is because of Inari’s frequent meditating, which allows her to access the memories of the past Amfels before her, so she is pretty much wiser beyond her years. She’s also quiet and thoughtful individual that tends to keep to herself when in place that she is unfamiliar with. She tends to have a habit of mumbling and speaking her sentences softly when meeting new people.

Despite all that, Inari is a good person, with a good heart, and is always willing (maybe even looking) to help people in whatever way she can. After all, she was born to be the Amfel, which was not only created for the idea of peace and harmony, but for the idea of helping people as many as she can in any way that she can. With that said, Inari always will go out of her way to help out those that request or take the offer of her helping them. She always tries and always wants to see the good in people that she often overlooks the dangerous or the blatantly obvious terrible qualities of those that are evil, or even of those that take advantage of her overly friendly and kind personality for personal gain.

Inari is rarely an angry woman, even in situations in which a little bit of anger is needed. This is because she personally believes that nothing can be resolved by using anger or violence, so those two options are always the last thing that she does. During the rare times that she is angry or upset, Inari often bottles her emotions, refusing to talk about whatever is bothering her. Why? Because she doesn’t like being a burden to people in anyway shape or form. Even if she knows that she needs it. It’s only when she knows that she is truly alone does Inari often release her true feelings (usually in the form of tears)

Inari’s also humble, diligent, compassionate, hopeful, and determined. All qualities in which helps her move forward in finding some survivors of Etria so that could bring them back together to once again sustain and bring back the reputation that their dear home once had. She’s also a lot of other things, she’s loyal, loving, and can generally be funny – to those that understand her humor or understand her. The one thing that she is not is crazy. Despite the fact that she has four different spirits living with her, none of them talk to her unless she’s seeking their guidance through meditation. On the rare occasions that they do talk to her (without her being in a meditative state) Inari often goes quiet and stares into space to listen to their wise words.

Speaking of meditating, because Inari hates complete silence (which is something that meditating requires) meditating is often difficult for her to do but important. While meditating, she’s able to communicate with the spirits that dwell within her who have the ability themselves to give her the memories that they feel that they need to know. However because she hates the silence, it often takes a long time for her to get into the deep meditative state that she needs to be in in order to converse with the spirits. When she does finally get into this meditative state however, she becomes vulnerable as she shuts herself from the outside world allowing someone the perfect opportunity to attack her. Sometimes, when this deep state for a long time, someone in the outside world can often provoke the Harmony State within her which opens a whole new can of worms. It’s because of this that she often tries to be alone when she’s meditating, these flaws in this simple activity stems from learning how to meditate later than the others before her and the lack of focus at the time of learning.

After providing assistance to Rykar in the Errosed Civil War, Inari has since become reserved. She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder – also known as War Fatigue in Istari – that has made her closed off to others. She tries to appear normal, but sometimes it comes off as being distant or too formal for her actual normal self before the war. Inari is often plagued by the nightmares from the battles and has a hard time meditating due to her unstable mentality. She has multiple triggers that are often random that reminds her of the war and she wishes that they were easy to define so that she can warn others. Being that they’re generally random it’s hard to keep them at bay. The PTSD mostly affects her anger; she flies into a blinding rage that it’s sometimes difficult to calm her down from it. Those close to her though usually manage to bring her down sometimes with difficulty and sometimes easily.

History
Long ago, a small group of humans who had ventured off into the defiled regions of Istari in hopes of starting anew. However this new beginning wasn’t as grand as they believed that it was going to be. The small group of humans struggled against the monsters and the harsh terrain of the land for many, many years. And it continued in that fashion until, finally, someone (or something) took pity on the humans.

The spirits of the four elements in the area took pity on the humans and had approached them with promises of a helpful hand, with limitations. The four spirits told the humans that they will grant some of them the power to control their element if they allowed them to pick which human was to have what element according to the time of their births and seasons. They also handpicked which human was to have the power and who didn’t according to the spirits own personal belief of the strength of the human. Those born in the spring had air. Those born in summer had fire. Those born in fall had earth. And those born in winter had water. As soon as the humans had been picked through a series of trials, all the spirits had to do was touch the forehead of the chosen human to be given the element, from there, they allowed nature to take its course. The most important rule of them all was that the humans were to only use their abilities to sustain life and defend themselves against the evil forces and never against each other. They had also been reminded that the spirits were going to keep a close eye on the humans to make sure that they follow the rules that had been laid out for them.

For years, the humans obeyed and followed these rules as people followed the Ten Commandments. To show their appreciation and thankfulness, the humans built temples for each spirit and their respective elements. And for years, the human life in this village (which at this point had been named Etria) was peaceful, or at least calmer and easier to live than before. But then the small village just kept growing and expanding, with no real leaders established, things began to change.

They broke one of their conditions, and began to use their powers against each other, eventually dividing the village into four parts, each element becoming their own village. Upon the discovery of the humans using their abilities against each other and splitting the village, the spirits took action. Instead of taking the powers, they joined the humans. With permission from a willing, non-element wielding human and deemed worthy, the four spirits came together and entered the human and used him as a vessel (although he was still in full control of his body and mind). With the four spirits inside this one human, it granted him the power to wield all four elements; this human had then become what the people were going to begin to call Amfel (meaning “master” in their native tongue).

The creation of the Amfel wasn’t meant to rule the people, like the first Amfel had done after reuniting the village, it was meant to keep the peace among those who could wield the elements and help defend the village from attack. From there, the spirits had placed an enchantment on the body of the first Amfel (who died heroically in war) to have the body reincarnated since it had been the first body to have ever sustain all four elemental spirits, then, whatever season the next Amfel was born into, that was the element that they started off training with. However since this had been the first time that the spirits had tried such enchantments, they had decided that they would enter their vessel one at a time. The first spirit to inhabit the vessel would be the spirit of the element that they were born into, and then it would follow in chronological order.

As the years went on, with war and other battles to be fought, it became easier to find the Amfel as the scars from the injuries of the previous Amfels were beginning to appear on the skin as birth marks. Just as quickly as the Amfels changed throughout human life, the small village Etria was bringing to grow, and soon, it was a thriving kingdom. It had large walls surrounding the kingdom that had been made by those that could use the element of earth. All of its buildings and homes were fine luxuries as they were also made of stone put together by the earth elementals. There was running water, heat, and clean air. The Elder – what the people called the ruler at the time – was thoughtful and kept his or her people in mind when it came to decision making. During the growth of the kingdom, the Amfel looked over the military and was looked too by the Elder for guidance on how to help with important decision-making.

Being the Amfel was difficult to do as they were the savior of the people, general of the armies, and often were asked for guidance by the council and the Elder. Except being the Amfel had been the only thing that Inari Fadjah had ever known. Her father was a mystery man and her mother died in birth when having Inari in the middle of the fall season. Upon discovering that this orphaned infant was the Amfel, she was instantly given to the earth temple, the respective element to the season that she had been born into. From there, the head Master of the temple had taken it upon himself to raise her and train her in her first element when she was ready. He had been the best friend of the Amfel before her, who had died of the terrible eye injury in the last war. He then named the young infant after his own mother and had given her his last name; Inari Fadjah.

When she was very young, Master Fadjah had Inari training and practicing her in Hung Gar and going through the motions that would provide her the sturdiest stances for her to use the element. However, unlike the Amfels before her who had been naturals in the use of elements and learning their martial arts, Inari struggled to stay focus. Often times, Inari pitched fits, wanting to play in the gardens, wanting to color and wanting to do anything other than practice. As she grew older, her fits and rebelliousness became harder to control, and Master Fadjah had decided that in order to keep her busy, it was time to pass her along to the other temples. From week to week, Inari bounced from temple to temple, beginning to learn and practice in their martial arts.

It was difficult for her to adjust, but this also made it difficult for her to fight back. Each Master in the respective temple that she had been living in was different one harder on her than the last or the next. Eventually, it broke her out of her rebellious stage and when she began showing that she had the abilities to use the elements at the age of eight, the masters (including Master Fadjah) were then forced into being harder on Inari in order to make sure that she understood the responsibility that was bestowed upon her. As much as Inari didn’t want to do it, she listened, she practiced, and she trained.

School however, was not an option for the young Amfel. Although they were not going to leave her uneducated. Master Fadjah had taken it upon himself to teach Inari the basics such as reading, writing, and history (not math since many of their people found that subject to be unimportant). But considering that Inari had other things that she needed to learn to become a successful Amfel, education was not that big of a deal to her masters.

Every single day Inari trained and practiced her elements. By the time that she was sixteen years old, Inari had made a significant change. She was great at wielding the elements, but she wasn’t a master at them all just yet. There was just a small thing (actually a pretty thing) that was holding Inari’s development back. Inari couldn’t get a handle on fire, and because she couldn’t handle fire, it affected the rest of her development with the other elements making her unbalanced, which resulted in the failure of manipulating the elements when she wanted to use them or even losing control of them on some days. Every time she tried using fire to practice, she started to have a panic attacks and became afraid to attempt to use the element. Her masters in the Fire Temple believed that it was because she wasn’t focusing hard enough or because this particular element was the complete opposite of her personality which has been a problem for Amfels before her. But Master Fadjah believed that there was something else going on and requested that he take Inari for some time away from the training. After much protest with the other masters, Master Fadjah finally got the permission that he needed to take Inari to a remote location where the two of them were going to spend all day meditating. It was a nice break for Inari, who was beginning to lose patience with herself.

Along with the meditating, Master Fadjah had decided that this was the perfect time to educate Inari in the Harmony State, an ability that was granted to her by the spirits where she could use all the elements at once although it wasn’t really her using the elements; it was really the Spirits that dwelled within her that would use her body as their own. With the proper training and discipline, it was possible for one to seize control of this ability, to be conscious during this time. No Amfel has ever been able to control themselves in this state before, and Master Fadjah personally believed that this was one the major flaws of the Amfel. Inari had then been informed that the only way that she could keep herself in check when it comes to the Harmony State is to meditate and learn the history of its usage. In order to learn what makes the spirits tick enough to take over the body of their vessel, Inari meditated frequently. That alone was another issue, as Inari also had a hard time focusing on meditating. She was young and often didn’t like or felt uncomfortable by the complete silence that was needed in order to achieve this.

Through the long months of meditating, it came out that one of the past Amfels had died in war by burning to death in demon fire (fire used by a demon that is not usable by Amfels). So now that there was a reason for Inari’s fear of fire, it was finally time that it could be addressed. The fire masters had decided that in order to get her use to the element, she was just going to manipulate it instead of trying to create it (which was how the first Amfels learned to use it). Although Inari was never able to overcome her fear of fire, but she was able to set it aside for the training and by the time that she was twenty years old they began to see great improvements in her (but she was still far from being a master of all elements).

A lot of Inari’s upbringing had been peaceful, which was a new change for the people of the Etria kingdom, seeing as how their land is always at war with the dark forces. It would be a lie to state that this wasn’t one of the reasons why Inari had a hard time focusing on her training, because it very much was. She always believed that there was no need for her to continue to work as hard (or harder) than the past Amfels for the simple fact that the felt that the kingdom was going to be peaceful throughout her life. Because she had been a bit lazy in her training and practices she had not been up to par with the standards that the Council and the Elder had for the Amfel. And it was because of that, that they had decided that she was no fit to sit in or partake in Council meetings and militia practices.

At the age of twenty-one – the age that almost every Amfel had their title as General to the militia and Council Aide – Inari had been denied those rights and she personally felt that she had been stepped on. Even though she knew that she had been in the wrong to slack off in her training, but she also felt that it wasn’t entirely her fault because she honestly did not want to be the Amfel to begin with, but accepted that she was because she had a hard time focusing in general. She realized at that point in order to really help out the people of her kingdom, she needed to really try her best in order to be prepared for the kind of leadership that was bestowed upon her.

While in her absence of the militia and the Council room, Master Fadjah had decided that he was going to step in for the Amfel, as being the father-figure to the current Amfel and close friends with the one before Inari, the kingdom felt that he was necessary. Although he made sure that Inari had been getting the proper attention and she herself had been given the proper the effort to her training.

Fast forward a year; while Inari made improvements, they just had not been enough. Even though her ability to use fire had improved slightly, she was still far from being perfectly balanced with the element and she struggled every day. Her frustrations started to become apparent and she often took it out on her fire masters at the Fire Temple. She continued her hardest and even tried meditating in order to get an answer from the Fire Spirit within her to help guide her. However she never made it that deep into the meditation as her masters really pushed for her to continue training and never mind with the meditating.

And then, one day, everything in Inari’s peaceful and hard-working life changed, and not for the better. Demons had descended down onto the kingdom, how they got in and past the protective walls was unknown to the people of Etria, but the troops did not waste time to mobilize. However there had been more demons than there had been troops, so it didn’t take long for the numbers of the Etria miltia to start to dwindle. Inari had been at the Fire Temple during the time of the attack, and instead of acting in battle, she had decided that she would stay behind in the temple to protect the small group of people who have taken refuge in the temple from the attack. However, just like the other temples, the Fire Temple was ambushed, and the next thing Inari knew, she had been fighting alongside her masters in order to protect those in the room.

And unlike her masters, this had been Inari’s first fight, so a lot of the time she had focused her attention on evading and dodging rather than attacking because she was not sure if she had even been strong enough to battle demons, Seeing her struggle, the remaining masters of the Fire Temple demanded that Inari and the small band of troops inside the temple enter into the underground tunnels that had been built decades before in case of a crisis. While Inari was supposed to be a part of the small group of humans to escape the carnage and Inari would have been a liar if she said that she had wished that she stayed behind to fight. And when that thought had crossed her thoughts as she ran with her people to safety, voices from within her had begun to speak to her and they said something that she was never going to forget:

You are failing your people.

This had been the first time that she had ever in life heard these voices, but upon hearing them, she began to reevalute on her life decisions, and even though she had been aware that she was not fit nor qualified for this kind of war, Inari turned around to help fight. Why? Because she didn’t like to let people down. She arrived back at the Fire Temple too late, the stone building had been destroyed and she knew that everyone was dead, so she hurried to the Earth Temple, to see if she could find Master Fadjah, happening upon battles on the way and instead of fighting to kill, she fought to evade.

Even though she had only been evading demons, she was still exerting a lot of energy and switching quickly in between the spirits, she could feel it affecting her body at this point as it began to get harder to move (she was beginning to feel weak, tired, and heavy). After what had seemed like forever, Inari had finally reached the Earth Temple, only to find it in ruins. Anger set in quickly as she searched the grounds for her beloved Master, but turned up empty handed every time. She had assumed that Master Fadjah was lost in the wreckage of the temple, but a small part of her glimmered with hope that he had still been alive, and he got to escape.

Her next initial reaction was to leave, get out of the kingdom as quickly as she could, but then she had remembered that there was another individual that she needed to save and that had been the Elder. So she rushed to the palace, once again engaging in battle with demons but only fought to evade them (which affected her negatively). When she arrived at the palace she had completely missed the fact (because of the aderaline rush) that the stone structure was left untouched. She finally made it to the throne room, only to find the Elder sitting upon his throne with twisted and demented demon lackeys at his side.

When the Elder had seen the look of confusion on Inari’s face, he quickly began telling the young and inexperienced Amfel that the real ruler of the kingdom – the decedent of the first Amfel who had killed many demos in their time – had been dead for years and that he was actually a demon named Rakshasa that was a shapeshifting demon. How he had gone unnoticed it was unclear, but there had been one thing that Inari knew at that time. She was much too weak to get into a fight with a demon that (from what it looked like) had more power that Inari could ever hope to attain. She had also been weakened from her constant element using and spirit switching that she understood that a battle right now was more than likely going to result in her death. So she tried to run.

The demon exerted a telekinesis power that had closed and locked all of the doors and windows in the room, forcing Inari to engage in battle. She fought as hard as she could, but before the battle could have really started; her elements failed her as a result of using them too much, switching too quickly, and being physically and mentally too weak to handle them. All that she had left was hand-to-hand combat, which was a poor choice for a weapon as the demon had thrown her around like a rag doll, laughing evilly as he did so. He had finally allowed her to rest on the ground for a moment before he raised his hand to delieve the final blow. Inari had been drifting in out of consciousness at this point and believed that her time in this life was over. But the spirits dwelling within her took charge, initiating the Harmony State. The events that had occurred after that were unknown, as Inari was lost to the sheer power that was brought by being in the Harmony State (although it had been assumed that she had defeated all of the demons while the spirits were in control).

She woke up lying in rubble of what should have been the palace, her head pounding and her nose bleeding. The events of what had happened to the demon that she had been fighting with was unknown, but the new destruction that Inari found herself lying in brought on horrible guilt. So much guilt that Inari began to blame the destruction of her kingdom on herself. She then decided to go back out into the wreckage, just to find that it had been deserted of all life.

Inari then came to one decision. Since she believed that it was her fault for destroying Etria she was going to try to rebuild the kingdom. Her first order of business was to search for survivors in the debris, and then go looking for those who had escaped the carnage. The spirits within her approved of her goal and decided that they were going to help her in achieve this by making critical decisions themselves. Usually the Amfel is like any other human who can die of natural causes. However Inari was made ageless. They knew that she was going to need time to prove to herself, her people, and even to them that she could rebuild and restore the kingdom and the spirits knew that she couldn’t do that by aging normally. They wanted her to prove herself to them, to prove that she was good enough to bring their destroyed city back to life.

Why had the spirits decided that they were going to bestow on Inari what they have never done to the past Amfels? Because they believed that Inari could be a great Amfel, she just needed a little bit of a push to get there. She needed to prove her worth, so that was the reason why they allowed her to be ageless, she was going to need more than the average human lifespan to prove that she can be great. She was still a very inexperienced and ill prepared Amfel, but with time to progress and make better improvements, the spirits felt that she could be legendary.

She struck a deal with the spirits inhabiting her that when the kingdom was reestablished and was back on its feet, Inari was to die, peacefully. And the one that was to determine when the kingdom could live without her was the spirits. They were the ones that were going to be supplying her powers that had never been granted to any other Amfel before, so it was only right that they would be the ones to determine when she no longer was needed. Inari had been at the tender age of twenty-two when this deal had been put together, and she didn’t want to die, although Inari had been raised to be dutiful so she agreed to the terms.

She went out searching for survivors again, but she didn’t find anyone who lived long enough to see the next day (even though she could heal, Inari had no holy water as the temples had been destroyed). All she could do for those that she found was tend to their wounds and make them as comfortable as she could. When she had been the only one left (after burying the dead), Inari started her work the city.

To this day, the kingdom was not completely cleared of the bodies, the rubble, and the overall wreckage of the attack, but Inari was taking it one section at a time because of the elements wearing her down. She worked hard on the areas that she did clean out by using her water abilities to wash the dust and soot from the fires. She use her earth abilities to rebuild the parts of the protective wall that had been knocked down from the demons, to move the rubble from the stone buildings, and then used it to replace those stone buildings. She used air to clean out the air of the thick smoke from the fires which she did after she had put out the fires with water or managed to gather up enough courage to manipulate the fire into ash. However none of this had happened till after she rested and got her strength back.

For the next couple of years, Inari has spent her life searching for any survivors that might have or did escape the wreckage that fateful day. She knew that her journey was going to be long for the possibility that the survivors had migrated themselves onto Earth to look or start a new life. She had been aware of the existence of Earth, as one of her past lives had travelled there once to find a child who had crossed over on accident. However that had been during the time that the powerful countries of Earth had been settling into different parts of the world, so not much was entirely different from their way of living in the kingdom of Etria before its destruction. After turning up empty on Istari for a few times, Inari had tried her luck with the neighboring world. But when she arrived there, she had been in for a culture shock. She saw nothing of the primitive culture that she had been aware of from her memories, instead when arriving to Earth for the first time, Inari was almost hit by a car. At that point it instilled panic into her as she rushed out of the street, bumped into people, felt closed in by the tall buildings which resulted in the young Amfel quickly departing the world. It was a drastic change, something that she wasn’t entirely used too but it was something that she going to have to accept as some of her people might have ended up there. So whenever there was a possible chance that she might have to cross into Earth for a few weeks (she usually tried to spend a few weeks on Istari searching, and then a few weeks on Earth searching to balance it out) she meditated to try and keep her emotions in check.

While she was also searching for her people, Inari had been hoping that she could find someone from each element who had mastered their abilities so that she could further her abilities and one day, finally be considered a master in every element rather than just being great in some elements and not in others.

During her journey, Inari was able to reconnect with many people from her past lives and found new relationships that will last a life time. The first of those new relationships was a man named Zephyr Yoren, a rock-shaper from Etria. She had first heard of him through rumors and stories of a man who lived in the woods who could manipulate rocks. The initial meeting took place at Zephyr’s cabin after Inari was able to track him down. Zephyr recognized Inari instantly and quickly invited her into his home where the two of them shared their survival stories and conversed about their lives. After Inari had learned that Zephyr was a master in his element, she asked him to become her master. It took some convincing, but Zephyr agreed to help Inari exceed in her techniques and the two of them met up as much as they could – when they could – in order to train.

The second – and one of the most important – relationship is the one that developed between Inari and an Earthling man named Lucas Devon. She first met Lucas through Astaroth, a demon that she ran into and decided to vanquish, but before she could deliver the final blow to him, he had fallen back and released Lucas onto her. Seeing the sudden change, Inari was able to stop herself and get the full story from Lucas about how he became bonded with the likes of Astaroth. After hearing his story, Inari suddenly felt compelled to try to help him. She worked hard and closely with Lucas to help free him from Astaroth and eventually, what started off as business turned into something a little more romantic. When the two of them were not together they often wrote letters to each other across the worlds. Soon, they developed feelings and then started to see each other as much as they could.

However Inari’s letters suddenly became almost few and far between when Inari suddenly found herself in the middle of a war. Rykar Turocson – a childhood friend who is pretty much family to her – came to her and asked her for help to defeat his father. Feeling like she needed to repay him for when he was there for her in her time of need, Inari agreed despite an oath the first Amfel took all those years ago – never using their powers to kill another human being, only using them to vanquish demons. After a few long and grueling battles Rykar noticed the toll that it was beginning to take on his sister’s mental health and tried multiple times to send her home, but Inari refused, telling him that she couldn’t leave her family and home in a time when it needed her most.

It got a bit better after she had received a letter from Lucas saying that he was travelling to Errosed to help aide in the war efforts, and that made it easily when he finally arrived. She felt a bit more at ease knowing that he was close, but that still didn’t stop the nightmares from keeping her awake at night.

It was during Turoc’s Bane, the final battle of the war that had the most impact on Inari’s life and mental state. Rykar and Inari’s troops were being decimated and the battle was getting bloodier than Inari had ever seen. She went in search of Rykar to try and convince him to pull back what was left of their forces, but when she finally found her friend, his father Turoc was advancing on him going for the direct kill. Inari intervened, saving Rykar’s life and nearly ending hers. The only reason why she survived was because the wound was so fatal that it ignited the Harmony State. Deciding to take revenge for the damage that had been inflicted onto their vessel, the spirts took their anger out on the opposing side, singlehandedly winning the war for Rykar. But it wasn’t over for her. She sustained so much damage in that one battle that the spirits were forced to keep Inari in the Harmony State for about a week till she was healed enough to go through the healing process on her own.

Inari spent several more weeks in Errosed while she healed with Lucas at her side. While she was there she proclaimed as a hero, attended Rykar’s Coronation Day, and was Rykar’s matron when he wedded Nellie. However while the physical wounds healed, the mental ones didn’t. Inari might not have remembered the week that the spirits saved her life, but she remembered the pain that she felt when Turoc’s sword pierced her stomach. And all of that pain, fear, and rage swelled in her chest causing more nightmares and countless sleepless nights.

She tried meditating, but found that it was an utter failure when she had demolished an entire forest from being spooked by an animal in the middle of a session. Desparate, Inari went to Earth to seek the help of a friend, a hunter, and a fellow meditator named Sastre Quicksilver. The two had met on Earth when Sastre aided Inari in taking down a demon she had a bit of a difficult time with. He gave her a few pointers for the next time she was in a tight bind and in return she gave him a few objects that they used in her kingdom to fight demons including a blade made out of a demon’s bone. She also gave him herbal teas that have a natural boost of energy and a separate one to help with healing wounds and soothing aching pains.

Inari turned to Sastre for help because she knew that he would be able to separate business and friendship (she regarded him as a friend even when he told her countless times he was not allowed to have any). She knew that she could trust Sastre to stop her from going on a rampage or hurting someone in case the Harmony State was ignited from meditating. He agreed to help her as much as he possibly could. They got together every couple of weeks or so to meditate, and Inari had to admit that while their sessions together helped, they were just few and far between. Her mental progress wasn’t going as fast as she would have liked and of course she did not blame Sastre for that.

While she worked on her progress, word of Inari’s heroism traveled all across Istari and soon, survivors were beginning to return. It happened slowly, only one or two every month or so, but they returned to Etria telling her that the heroism that she performed in Errosed gave them the bravery to return home. Within two years, a total of twelve survivors returned, two non-shapers, one air-shaper, one fire-shaper, and two water shapers. Inari was more than elated, but with twelve new lives in the kingdom she was slowly putting back together, Inari knew that the next step was to rebuild their government. That was when she returned to Zephyr’s cabin. She had asked him if he would rejoin her in Etria as Councilmen Zephyr Yoren, the Earth Master. After struggling to find the words and a few requests on his end that Inari fulfilled, Zephyr agreed and moved back to Etria with his partner Ryu Moonblood.

With fourteen lives in Etria, fifteen including herself, she knew that she could no longer spend so much time traveling. She started to work harder than ever to get the rest of the kingdom built with the help of Zephyr. However everyone in Etria understood that Inari had a mission to continue searching for more survivors and she was grateful that there were no ill-wills against her when she needed to leave. When she did leave however, she the Etria in the hands of Zephyr.

Now Inari found herself in a bit of a predicament. She was still having a hard time recovering mentally from the war, and she now realized that she needed to put her own healing aside to care for everyone else. But she also understood that in order to get things working smoothly she needed to heal herself too. Finding the time to do that though was getting slimmer and now Inari’s decided to completely put it all on hold till everyone in Etria was on their feet comfortably.

In the months that passed, things started to look brighter for Etria. More people were beginning to move in, the rebuilding of the kingdom was moving a long much faster and she now had her best friend Sastre Quicksilver at her side. Things had been looking great, but there was still just one thing that bothered her; how was she to keep the peace for her people?

After much debate between Sastre, and Zephyr, and against her better judgment, Inari decided to travel to the Spirit Realm to try to get in touch with her past life, Botan Izefia. Botan was the only Amfel that had brought a century of peace to her kingdom, and without his guidance Inari felt that she was going to fail her people once more. After months of searching for a way into the Spirit Realm, Inari finally found her way there through an ancient Etrian spell book. After successfully executing the spell, Inari was on her way into the Spirit Realm and to Botan.

Upon finding Botan, Inari learned quickly the tragic truth behind the hundred-year peace. Botan had sold his kingdom and its inhabitants to the very demon that had been bringing them nothing but chaos. The terms to the agreement was simple, the demons would grant Etria at least a hundred years of peace and Botan agreed to bound his soul to the deal; meaning that his next set of lives throughout the hundred years would be weaker, and less interested in training till it left him too weak to defend the kingdom when the time came. And therefore, would fall to the demon invasion.

The overwhelming feeling of rage and her vulnerability in the Spirit Realm caused Inari to go into the Harmony State then she destroyed Botan’s soul. Because of that, Inari broke the cycle of her past lives, which resorted to her falling into a spiritual type of coma. If left in the Spirit Realm, Inari would surely die. In a stroke of luck, Sastre had seen the burst of power from Inari and had managed to make his way to her to return her to the Living Realm. While there the Elemental Spirits within her mended the missing piece of her soul by fusing themselves with her. Doing this allowed Inari to wake up from her coma.

Inari awoke in the presence of Darian Florian – the recently brought back to life brother of her best friend. While with him Inari went through bouts of memory lapses where she recalled bits and pieces of her time in the Spirit Realm. Through this she came to the realization that Sastre Quicksilver perished along with Astaroth; which lead to her gaining another ally. Darian Rainari had been in the middle of making his way to Etria to give them anything that he could and Inari graciously accepted his offer and the two travelled to Etria together.

It didn’t take long for Inari to realize that she had changed since returning to the living world. Due to the Spirits binding themselves to her soul, giving her the ability to use the elements without needing to be in contact with its respective spirit. Due to that, her element powers are much stronger now that their full potential has been nearly unlocked. In the beginning Inari had little control over them causing tremors in the ground, the water fountains to over flow and the occasional fire or strong wind gusts through the kingdom. Through weeks of nonstop meditation and retraining in her abilities, Inari had managed to grab onto some type of hold of her powers.

A few months had passed and things were beginning to settle. Darian has settled into his routine with the people of Etria and the kingdom has mostly recovered from the tragic loss of one of their own. Since it was time for everyone to move on after giving Sastre a life celebration, Inari had discovered a letter written by her best friend that was addressed to her. In this letter, he told her about all the evidence piling up against one of the members of the community, Koshei, who Sastre believed was the main reason for the demon attacks to the kingdom in the recent months. Since the discovery of the letter, Inari has been working on a plan to bring Koschei and his demon horde down.
Powers and Limitations

» Elements: Inari has a wide range of elemental abilities; she has Pyrokinesis, the ability to control, create, and manipulate fire through the martial art form of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. However due to her fear of fire over a past life being burned to death, she has a difficult time controlling this ability for her fear of it. One of her two main elements that Inari feel comfort using is Geokinesis, the ability to control and manipulate the earth. This was her birth element and the first one that she has come close to mastering and it is executed through the martial art form of Hung Gar. The second most common element for Inari is hydrokinesis, the ability to control water and performed through the form of Tai Chi. The last element that she can use is aerokinesis, the ability to control and manipulate the air and performed through the execution of Ba Gua.

Since awakening from her spiritual coma, her powers had changed drastically. Before, she could only use one element at a time, however since her soul has bound to the Spirits, Inari now can use all the elements one at a time or all together. However due to the recent and drastic change, her powers are unpredictable and sensitive to her emotions. They exert more energy and results in becoming exhausted and worn down faster. She can also get migraines, nosebleeds, and become mentally and physically exhausted. If the Spirits in any way end up removed from her soul, Inari could once again fall into a coma, killed, end the Amfel line, and her soul could become destroyed. Solar flares and new moons can affect her powers as well; her powers can become overwhelmingly strong and uncontrollable during a solar flare and become nullified during the new moon cycles, a weakness that will go away overtime with training, practice, and experience. Lunar and Solar eclipses can also cause these same events to happen but the results could be three times more catastrophic.

» Harmony State: A state that is reached when the elements are harmonized, giving Inari the ability to control all of the elements. Because of her unbalanced abilities, Inari cannot control the Harmony State. At the end of the burst of massive power, she passes out that can be accompanied by nose bleeds and memory loss. The Harmony State can also be provoked by disturbed while in a deep meditation or in a life or death situation. One major weakness to the Harmony State is that if she’s killed while in it, it breaks the Amfel cycle.

» Healing: Unlike some of the other Amfels, Inari is one of the few of her lives that has the ability to heal people with blessed or holy water. However it takes more energy to execute and she cannot heal herself, only others.

RP Sample
See Adonai Maverick

Player Info
It’s Kay again! This is my second character here. Twenty-two years young. Up for mature roleplaying. Through Arius. biggrin.gif Credit to Fuck Yeah! Demon Edits for the new picture!
Coded by Kalista for Istari

This post has been edited by Inari Fadjah: Jan 4th 2018, 12:11 AM

--------------------
user posted image
THANK YOU THE MORNING ROSE OF TUMBLR FOR THE AVATAR
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 9th 2013, 10:03 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

Hey, Kay! You know how this works, so I’ll get right down to it.

Let’s start off with the easy stuff. I saw in her history that her tattoos can blind opponents, so that should be added to her Powers list. It should also be mentioned in her history how she found out about and reacted to Earth. That would be a huge thing for most Istarins, but right now it’s just thrown in there at the end.

I also noticed that there are several spots in her app where you change from past to present tense in the middle of a sentence, so if you could also touch that up while you’re making edits, it will smooth it out a little.

Now, on to the big stuff. Overall, the character concept behind Inari is really good, but she’s a little too good to be true at the moment. She manages to not only learn everything about, but completely master the control of every element in two to three years. On top of this, she also masters the martial art associated with each element at the same time, on top of studying everything a normal child would’ve learned. To put it in perspective, gifted children who study an instrument from an early age spend several hours a day practicing, and even then, it can take more than a decade to master a single instrument.

Even taking into consideration the fantasy setting, it would take a lot more to master that amount of information, given everything that’s involved with her studies. With her being ageless, it shouldn’t be any trouble to increase her age accordingly. This can also be extended to her feats as a nineteen year old. I’m sure you didn’t realize it, but you have her taking over complete control of the military, training them, bringing about several changes and improvements in their ranks, successfully leading them despite not having any experience in leadership, then gaining the ability to advise the ruler of her kingdom, having her kingdom overthrown, and rebuilding it from the ground up all at the age of nineteen. This is something else that should be spread out over a series of months, if not years.

As it is, it’s coming off as unbelievable and a little Mary-Sue. Her weaknesses are all balanced and appropriate for her powers when taken individually or in a small selection, but when taken together, she has a lot going on. She can control every element (and even if she can only use one at a time, she can switch between them fairly quickly and easily), she knows four different types of martial arts, advanced meditative techniques which can access memories and experiences from her past selves, limited healing abilities, the memories and guidance of wise spirits, who can take over and give her mastery of all the elements at once, she can give and take away mastery of the elements, and she’s ageless and immune to disease. She also never strays from her path or questions her decisions, and has no vices to speak of.

This all pushes her into the realm of a potential Mary-Sue character. If you're not sure what can make a character Mary-Sue, I've always found this Mary-Sue Litmus Test to be very helpful. It asks you several questions about your character, then gives you a score at the end to show how likely they are to come across as a Mary-Sue character. It's not foolproof, but it's helped me balance out several of my characters who were coming off as a little too successful at everything, or were a little too good to be true. It also lists ways to help keep from playing a non-Mary-Sue character in a Mary-Sue manner. I’ve used it so much for my own characters that I’ve recently added a link to it on Istari’s index page so it was available to everyone.

So, take a look at Inari, figure out what the most important aspects are for her as a character, and trim down the rest. She will probably still be approved on a trial basis only, but as long as there are no problems with her god-modding or meta-gaming, and she’s played realistically and responsibly, she’ll most likely be fine. If you have any questions about her edits, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, leave a reply here once she’s done, and I’ll take another look!
PM 
^
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Oct 14th 2013, 09:57 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

Hey Kali! I went through the history and changed as much as the grammar errors that I could pick up on as, apparently, I have a hard time telling the difference between past and present tense in my own writing. xD

I also did a few changes that I'll put here instead of making you read and look for it.

I took out the bit in the physical description of the light blinding people, because it wasn't necessarily meant to be a power, just sort of like: "HOLY CRAP THAT'S BRIGHT" sorta thing. So I just removed it entirely. :3

I also added another weakness:
<option>Switching between elements – if it happens too frequently/quickly</option>
<option>it can cause nose bleeds, migraines, mentally/physically exhausting</option>

Her training, upbringing, and education:
When she was very young, Master Fadjah had Inari training and practicing her in Hung Gar and going through the motions that would provide her the sturdiest stances for her to use the element. However, unlike the Amfels before her who had been naturals in the use of elements and learning their martial arts, Inari struggled to stay focus. Often times, Inari pitched fits, wanting to play in the gardens, wanting to color and wanting to do anything other than practice. As she grew older, her fits and rebelliousness became harder to control, and Master Fadjah had decided that in order to keep her busy, it was time to pass her along to the other temples. From week to week, Inari bounced from temple to temple, beginning to learn and practice in their martial arts. 
<BR><BR>
It was difficult for her to adjust, but this also made it difficult for her to fight back. Each Master in the respective temple that she had been living in was different one harder on her than the last or the next. Eventually, it broke her out of her rebellious stage and when she began showing that she had the abilities to use the elements at the age of eight, the masters (including Master Fadjah) were then forced into being harder on Inari in order to make sure that she understood the responsibility that was bestowed upon her. As much as Inari didn’t want to do it, she listened, she practiced, and she trained.
<BR><BR>
School however, was not an option for the young Amfel. Although they were not going to leave her uneducated. Master Fadjah had taken it upon himself to teach Inari the basics such as reading, writing, and other subjects. The rest of her lessons however came through the form of meditating where she could access the memories of the past Amfels to teach her about the history of their people and how they became the people that they were at the time. It was done this way because of the fact that Inari was not as much as a natural at the elements and martial arts as her past lives, so more attention had to be given to her and her training. 
<BR><BR>
Every single day Inari trained and practiced her elements as she also concentrated and focused on her meditating skills. By the time that she was sixteen years old, Inari had made a significant change. She was great at wielding the elements, but she wasn’t a master at them all just yet. There had been some elements that she was better at than the other three that happened to be Earth since it had been her birth element. Water was pretty easy for her to use, this had been the same with the element of Air, and she often used that to pretend that she was flying. She was great at the elements, but she still had a long road in front of her before she mastered all of the elements.
<BR><BR>
There was just a small thing (actually a pretty thing) that was holding Inari’s development back. Inari couldn’t get a handle on fire. Every time she tried, she started to have a panic attacks and became afraid to attempt to use the element. Her masters in the Fire Temple believed that it was because she wasn’t focusing hard enough. But Master Fadjah believed that there was something else going on and requested that he take Inari for some time away from the training. After much protest with the other masters, Master Fadjah finally got the permission that he needed to take Inari to a remote place where the two of them were going to spend all day meditating. It was a nice break for Inari, who was beginning to lose patience with herself.

Changed a few things around concerning the Harmony State, it wasn't drastic but I'll put it here anyway:
Along with the meditating, Master Fadjah had decided that this was the perfect time to educate Inari in the Harmony State, an ability that was granted to her by the spirits where she could use all the elements at once although it wasn’t really her using the elements; it was really the Spirits that dwelled within her that would use her body as their own. With the proper training and discipline, it was possible for one to seize control of this ability, to be conscious during this time. No Amfel has ever been able to control themselves in this state before, and Master Fadjah personally believed that this was one the major flaws of the Amfel. Inari had then been informed that the only way that she could keep herself in check when it comes to the Harmony State is to meditate and learn the history of its usage. In order to learn what makes the spirits tick enough to take over the body of their vessel, Inari meditated frequently. 

Changed her age towards the end of the application where her Kingdom is attacked from nineteen to twenty and they saw improvements, but not enough to be dubbed master:
Through the long hours of meditating, it came out that one of the past Amfels had died in war by burning to death in a battle. So now that there was a reason for Inari’s fear of fire, it was finally time that it could be addressed.  The fire masters had decided that in order to get her use to the element, she was just going to manipulate it instead of trying to create it (which was how the first Amfels learned to use it). Although Inari was never able to overcome her fear of fire, but she was able to set it aside for the training and by the time that she was twenty years old they began to see great improvements in her (but she was still far from being a master of all elements).

Changed her position and duties:
A lot of Inari’s upbringing had been peaceful, which was a new change for the people of the Etria kingdom, seeing as how their land is always at war with the dark forces. Even though the Council and the Elder usually waited till the Amfels mastered all the elements before being granted the permission to access the military and Council meetings, Inari had been deemed skilled enough to become part of the militia and the Council. Most of her time however, had been spent with the military because the Elder personally believed that he did not need to take advice from a child or a woman. Even though the Council encouraged the two of them to work out their differences, the Elder refused to work with her no matter if she had been the Amfel or not. Inari had decided that it was best to avoid confrontation. So she obeyed the Elder’s wishes and had since then turned towards the military to occupy her time with. Although there have been occasions where the Council members had requested that she sit in on a few meetings and she had corresponded with those requests but often kept to herself.

Her involvement with the militia:
Because she was still missing the title of being the master of all four elements, Inari was also limited on what she could do with the militia. While she had status of being the General of the Army, Inari wasn’t allowed to change anything for the simple fact that she wasn’t finished with her training. She spent most of her time with the militia when she was not at the temples. It was a perfect opportunity for her to engage in different styles and ways that others used their elements so that she could someday adopt some of the moves that she had witnessed. It was also perfect for her to test her skills with others.
<BR><BR>
That was about all Inari had been allowed to do. The kingdom and their leaders, even her own masters decided that she was still too inexperienced to do much else. This meant that she was not allowed to leave the kingdom walls for patrols or even battles if there had been a war to break out. Inari had been furious with this decision, but Master Fadjah reassured her and dispersed her anger by telling her that it was simply for her protecting. If she went out into battle with the skill level that she had now, Inari would only make it out by the skin of her teeth. Still, she didn’t like it and she wasn’t happy, but she focused that anger towards her determination to improve herself.

The attack on Etria
The peaceful years for Etria came to a quick and violent end. It had happened on the day that Master Fadjah had decided that he would accompany Inari on her first patrol and experience outside of the kingdom’s massive walls. Then they had been attacked by a group of demons, who somehow knew all of the weak points in each troop and in each element. It was a struggle, but Inari, Master Fadjah, and the small band of troops managed to vanquish the demons before any more lives had been lost. they quickly returned to the gates of the kingdom, to warn the people. 
<BR><BR>
However it was much too late. Upon returning to the kingdom, they quickly learned that the attack that had been against them was only to keep the Amfel distracted from what was really happening. Somehow, a demon army had gotten through the walls of Etria and was taking apart the city and killing the people. Master Fadjah – having seen his fair share in wars – took the initiative right away. Quickly he ordered for the Earth Element troops of their small band and Inari to rescue as many lives as they could by opening up the underground tunnels that had been made specifically for invasions. However, the escape routes didn’t stay open for long because of the large hoards of demons that quickly found their way to the escape routes, so they had to close them quickly.

Master Fadjah's death:
Inari had then left her post when she felt that the men that she had been with could handle the rescuing. She made the decision to go and find Master Fadjah who had left her side to aide in battle. While looking for him, Inari herself found herself locked in battles with demons and because this was all new to her, she had a hard time keeping her mind focused on not being afraid of her enemy. So she often tried to avoid a battle by trapping the demons in the ground or in ice as she continued on her way to find her Master.
<BR><BR>
It didn’t take long to find Master Fadjah, but when she had, it was much too late. He had been ambushed by demons when he got distracted by her call to him which led to his death. In a fit of emotion upon seeing her Master and father figure fall at the hands of demons for her mistake, Inari charged into battle, quickly releasing much of her anger on the demons that claimed Master Fadjah’s life. It was a battle with high emotions, emotions so high that Inari didn’t give a damn on how the demons were vanquished as long as they had been defeated. When they had been killed, Inari rushed to Master Fadjah’s side in order to heal him, but it had been much too late. He was gone, and Inari suddenly knew how ill-equipped she had been for war and now understood how much more training she needed to go through in order to be considered the best of the best. However Inari didn’t have time to mourn her Master’s death, demons still plagued the kingdom, which meant that she still had a job to do as the Amfel. So she rushed back out into the chaos and headed towards the direction of the palace so that she could rescue the face of the kingdom, the Elder.

And added in Earth and her goals now:
And for the next five years, Inari has spent her life searching for any survivors that might have or did escape the wreckage that fateful day. She knew that her journey was going to be long for the possibility that the survivors had migrated themselves onto Earth to look or start a new life. She had been aware of the existence of Earth, as one of her past lives had travelled there once to find a child who had crossed over on accident. However that had been during the time that the powerful countries of Earth at the time had been settling into different parts of the world, so not much was entirely different from their way of living in the kingdom of Etria before it’s destruction. After turning up empty on Istari for a long time, Inari had tried her luck with the neighboring world. But when she arrived there, she had been in for a culture shock. She saw nothing of the 1700’s culture that she had been aware of from her memories, instead when arriving to Earth for the first time, Inari was almost hit by a car. At that point it instilled panic into her as she rushed out of the street, bumped into people, felt closed in by the tall building which resulted in the young Amfel quickly departing the world. It was a drastic change, something that she wasn’t entirely used too but it was something that she had been working on getting over since there had been a strong possibility that her people accidently stumbled upon the world.
<BR><BR>
While she was also searching for her people, Inari had been hoping that she could find someone from each element who had mastered their abilities so that she could further her abilities and one day, finally be considered a master in every element rather than just being great in some elements and not in others.

Hope this is much better and sounds much less Mary-Sue, godmod-ish and meta-gaming-ish! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 16th 2013, 07:42 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

Arius and I are discussing this app. We'll have a review up for you later tonight.
PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 16th 2013, 08:53 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

Alright, I read through the beginning of her app and her lists again, and aside from the limitation about switching elements that was added in, everything else is the same as it was before.

As I said earlier, Inari is interesting and original, but she has too many powers and abilities going on at too early an age. In addition, it looks like her ability to meditate and experience the lives of the previous amfels was stepped up to make up for the short period of time in which she learned all this, rather than making her older and giving her time to learn things naturally. That means that she's taking longer to learn to control the elements, yes, but it's done by increasing the powers (or increasing the use of the same powers), of a character who is already coming off as overpowered.

As it stands, there have been no significant changes to her powers and abilities, and they are still too numerous to balance when taken as a whole, even though they are more than balanced when taken individually or in smaller groups.

So, my requested edits remain the same as last time: take a look at her, decide which of her powers you feel are most important to her as a character, and trim out the rest. Once this is done, I'll move on to the remainder of the edits. If you have any questions before then, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, leave a reply here once her edits have been made, and we'll take one final look at her before making our decision.
PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 22nd 2013, 07:47 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

There have been no edits made to this application in the last week. If no edits have been made by Friday the 25th, it will be denied due to inactivity.
PM 
^
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Oct 22nd 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

Third time's the charm~!

I went through and changed a bunch and added things to her weaknesses and personality lists to accommodate the things that I had changed. However, I didn't change her age because I feel that she would have to have improved on her element using if made older, so I kept her age the same and just changed the time line of things that had happened to her.

I also took out a lot of her abilities and left in "ageless."

But I'll start with the list changes first.

Added to dislikes:
<option>Silence</option>

Added a little more to one weakness:
<option>Elements – can only use one at a time unless in the Harmony State; also</option>
<option>exerts a lot of energy so is frequently tired or worn down; could potentially stop</option>
<option>working in the middle of battle as she is considered unbalanced because she has</option>
<option>a hard time controlling fire; when  worn down from frequent use she cannot</option>
<option>use the elements till her body has recovered</option>

Added to the personality about meditating:
Speaking of meditating, because Inari hates complete silence (which is something that meditating requires) meditating is often difficult for her to do but important. While meditating, she’s able to communicate with the spirits that dwell within her who have the ability themselves to give her the memories that they feel that they need to know. However because she hates the silence, it often takes a long time for her to get into the deep meditative state that she needs to be in in order to converse with the spirits. When she does finally get into this meditative state however, she becomes vulnerable as she shuts herself from the outside world allowing someone the perfect opportunity to attack her. Sometimes, when this deep state for a long time, someone in the outside world can often provoke the Harmony State within her which opens a whole new can of worms. It’s because of this that she often tries to be alone when she’s meditating, these flaws in this simple activity stems from learning how to meditate later than the others before her and the lack of focus at the time of learning.

Schooling:
School however, was not an option for the young Amfel. Although they were not going to leave her uneducated. Master Fadjah had taken it upon himself to teach Inari the basics such as reading, writing, and history (not math since many of their people found that subject to be unimportant). But considering that Inari had other things that she needed to learn to become a successful Amfel, education was not that big of a deal to her masters.
<BR><BR>

Threw in the detailed weakness that I had added into her history:
Every single day Inari trained and practiced her elements. By the time that she was sixteen years old, Inari had made a significant change. She was great at wielding the elements, but she wasn’t a master at them all just yet. There was just a small thing (actually a pretty thing) that was holding Inari’s development back. Inari couldn’t get a handle on fire, and because she couldn’t handle fire, it affected the rest of her development with the other elements making her unbalanced, which resulted in the failure of manipulating the elements when she wanted to use them or even losing control of them on some days. Every time she tried using fire to practice, she started to have a panic attacks and became afraid to attempt to use the element. Her masters in the Fire Temple believed that it was because she wasn’t focusing hard enough or because this particular element was the complete opposite of her personality which has been a problem for Amfels before her. But Master Fadjah believed that there was something else going on and requested that he take Inari for some time away from the training. After much protest with the other masters, Master Fadjah finally got the permission that he needed to take Inari to a remote location where the two of them were going to spend all day meditating. It was a nice break for Inari, who was beginning to lose patience with herself.

Added in a tiny bit around her struggle with her meditating:
Along with the meditating, Master Fadjah had decided that this was the perfect time to educate Inari in the Harmony State, an ability that was granted to her by the spirits where she could use all the elements at once although it wasn’t really her using the elements; it was really the Spirits that dwelled within her that would use her body as their own. With the proper training and discipline, it was possible for one to seize control of this ability, to be conscious during this time. No Amfel has ever been able to control themselves in this state before, and Master Fadjah personally believed that this was one the major flaws of the Amfel. Inari had then been informed that the only way that she could keep herself in check when it comes to the Harmony State is to meditate and learn the history of its usage. In order to learn what makes the spirits tick enough to take over the body of their vessel, Inari meditated frequently. That alone was another issue, as Inari also had a hard time focusing on meditating. She was young and often didn’t like or felt uncomfortable by the complete silence that was needed in order to achieve this. 
<BR><BR>
Through the long months of meditating, it came out that one of the past Amfels had died in war by burning to death in demon fire (fire used by a demon that is not usable by Amfels). So now that there was a reason for Inari’s fear of fire, it was finally time that it could be addressed.  The fire masters had decided that in order to get her use to the element, she was just going to manipulate it instead of trying to create it (which was how the first Amfels learned to use it). Although Inari was never able to overcome her fear of fire, but she was able to set it aside for the training and by the time that she was twenty years old they began to see great improvements in her (but she was still far from being a master of all elements).

Amfel duties that she couldn't participate in:
A lot of Inari’s upbringing had been peaceful, which was a new change for the people of the Etria kingdom, seeing as how their land is always at war with the dark forces. It would be a lie to state that this wasn’t one of the reasons why Inari had a hard time focusing on her training, because it very much was. She always believed that there was no need for her to continue to work as hard (or harder) than the past Amfels for the simple fact that the felt that the kingdom was going to be peaceful throughout her life. Because she had been a bit lazy in her training and practices she had not been up to par with the standards that the Council and the Elder had for the Amfel. And it was because of that, that they had decided that she was no fit to sit in or partake in Council meetings and militia practices.
<BR><BR>
At the age of twenty-one – the age that almost every Amfel had their title as General to the militia and Council Aide – Inari had been denied those rights and she personally felt that she had been stepped on. Even though she knew that she had been in the wrong to slack off in her training, but she also felt that it wasn’t entirely her fault because she honestly did not want to be the Amfel to begin with, but accepted that she was because she had a hard time focusing in general. She realized at that point in order to really help out the people of her kingdom, she needed to really try her best in order to be prepared for the kind of leadership that was bestowed upon her.
<BR><BR>
While in her absence of the militia and the Council room, Master Fadjah had decided that he was going to step in for the Amfel, as being the father-figure to the current Amfel and close friends with the one before Inari, the kingdom felt that he was necessary. Although he made sure that Inari had been getting the proper attention and she herself had been given the proper the effort to her training.

Kingdom destruction that happened twenty-two and she failed to fight:
Fast forward a year; while Inari made improvements, they just had not been enough. Even though her ability to use fire had improved slightly, she was still far from being perfectly balanced with the element and she struggled every day. Her frustrations started to become apparent and she often took it out on her fire masters at the Fire Temple. She continued her hardest and even tried meditating in order to get an answer from the Fire Spirit within her to help guide her. However she never made it that deep into the meditation as her masters really pushed for her to continue training and never mind with the meditating.
<BR><BR>
And then, one day, everything in Inari’s peaceful and hard-working life changed, and not for the better. Demons had descended down onto the kingdom, how they got in and past the protective walls was unknown to the people of Etria, but the troops did not waste time to mobilize. However there had been more demons than there had been troops, so it didn’t take long for the numbers of the Etria miltia to start to dwindle. Inari had been at the Fire Temple during the time of the attack, and instead of acting in battle, she had decided that she would stay behind in the temple to protect the small group of people who have taken refuge in the temple from the attack. However, just like the other temples, the Fire Temple was ambushed, and the next thing Inari knew, she had been fighting alongside her masters in order to protect those in the room.
<BR><BR>
And unlike her masters, this had been Inari’s first fight, so a lot of the time she had focused her attention on evading and dodging rather than attacking because she was not sure if she had even been strong enough to battle demons, Seeing her struggle, the remaining masters of the Fire Temple demanded that Inari and the small band of troops inside the temple enter into the underground tunnels that had been built decades before in case of a crisis. While Inari was supposed to be a part of the small group of humans to escape the carnage and Inari would have been a liar if she said that she had wished that she stayed behind to fight. And when that thought had crossed her thoughts as she ran with her people to safety, voices from within her had begun to speak to her and they said something that she was never going to forget:
<BR><BR>
You are failing your people.
<BR><BR>
This had been the first time that she had ever in life heard these voices, but upon hearing them, she began to reevalute on her life decisions, and even though she had been aware that she was not fit nor qualified for this kind of war, Inari turned around to help fight. Why? Because she didn’t like to let people down. She arrived back at the Fire Temple too late, the stone building had been destroyed and she knew that everyone was dead, so she hurried to the Earth Temple, to see if she could find Master Fadjah, happening upon battles on the way and instead of fighting to kill, she fought to evade. 
<BR><BR>
Even though she had only been evading demons, she was still exerting a lot of energy and switching quickly in between the spirits, she could feel it affecting her body at this point as it began to get harder to move (she was beginning to feel weak, tired, and heavy). After what had seemed like forever, Inari had finally reached the Earth Temple, only to find it in ruins. Anger set in quickly as she searched the grounds for her beloved Master, but turned up empty handed every time. She had assumed that Master Fadjah was lost in the wreckage of the temple, but a small part of her glimmered with hope that he had still been alive, and he got to escape.
<BR><BR>
Her next initial reaction was to leave, get out of the kingdom as quickly as she could, but then she had remembered that there was another individual that she needed to save and that had been the Elder. So she rushed to the palace, once again engaging in battle with demons but only fought to evade them (which affected her negatively). When she arrived at the palace she had completely missed the fact (because of the aderaline rush) that the stone structure was left untouched. She finally made it to the throne room, only to find the Elder sitting upon his throne with twisted and demented demon lackeys at his side.
<BR><BR>
When the Elder had seen the look of confusion on Inari’s face, he quickly began telling the young and inexperienced Amfel that the real ruler of the kingdom – the decedent of the first Amfel who had killed many demos in their time – had been dead for years and that he was actually a demon named Rakshasa that was a shapeshifting demon. How he had gone unnoticed it was unclear, but there had been one thing that Inari knew at that time. She was much too weak to get into a fight with a demon that (from what it looked like) had more power that Inari could ever hope to attain. She had also been weakened from her constant element using and spirit switching that she understood that a battle right now was more than likely going to result in her death. So she tried to run.
<BR><BR>
The demon exerted a telekinesis power that had closed and locked all of the doors and windows in the room, forcing Inari to engage in battle. She fought as hard as she could, but before the battle could have really started; her elements failed her as a result of using them too much, switching too quickly, and being physically and mentally too weak to handle them. All that she had left was hand-to-hand combat, which was a poor choice for a weapon as the demon had thrown her around like a rag doll, laughing evilly as he did so. He had finally allowed her to rest on the ground for a moment before he raised his hand to delieve the final blow. Inari had been drifting in out of consciousness at this point and believed that her time in this life was over. But the spirits dwelling within her took charge, initiating the Harmony State. The events that had occurred after that were unknown, as Inari was lost to the sheer power that was brought by being in the Harmony State (although it had been assumed that she had defeated all of the demons while the spirits were in control).

The reason why she's ageless and what she needs to do to build her kingdom more:
Inari then came to one decision. Since she believed that it was her fault for destroying Etria she was going to try to rebuild the kingdom. Her first order of business was to search for survivors in the debris, and then go looking for those who had escaped the carnage. The spirits within her approved of her goal and decided that they were going to help her in achieve this by making critical decisions themselves. Usually the Amfel is like any other human who can die of natural causes. However Inari was made ageless. They knew that she was going to need time to prove to herself, her people, and even to them that she could rebuild and restore the kingdom and the spirits knew that she couldn’t do that by aging normally. The spirits had also come up with a few things that they were going to give her, by allowing her to give the powers of the elements to non-elemental users from the kingdom. While they informed Inari that she was going to be able to do that, they did not grant her the ability right away. They wanted her to prove herself to them, to prove that she was good enough to bring their destroyed city back to life.
<BR><BR>
Why had the spirits decided that they were going to bestow on Inari what they have never done to the past Amfels? Because they believed that Inari could be a great Amfel, she just needed a little bit of a push to get there. She needed to prove her worth to get the other ability that the spirits promised, and in order to do that, they had decided that the first order of business was to grant her the power of being ageless. She was still a very inexperienced and ill prepared Amfel, but with time to progress and make better improvements, the spirits felt that she could be legendary.
<BR><BR>

Added a bit more towards the ending of the application:
To this day, the kingdom was not completely cleared of the bodies, the rubble, and the overall wreckage of the attack, but Inari was taking it one section at a time because of the elements wearing her down. She worked hard on the areas that she did clean out by using her water abilities to wash the dust and soot from the fires. She use her earth abilities to rebuild the parts of the protective wall that had been knocked down from the demons, to move the rubble from the stone buildings, and then used it to replace those stone buildings. She used air to clean out the air of the thick smoke from the fires which she did after she had put out the fires with water or managed to gather up enough courage to manipulate the fire into ash. However none of this had happened till after she rested and got her strength back.
<BR><BR>
For the next couple of years, Inari has spent her life searching for any survivors that might have or did escape the wreckage that fateful day. She knew that her journey was going to be long for the possibility that the survivors had migrated themselves onto Earth to look or start a new life. She had been aware of the existence of Earth, as one of her past lives had travelled there once to find a child who had crossed over on accident. However that had been during the time that the powerful countries of Earth had been settling into different parts of the world, so not much was entirely different from their way of living in the kingdom of Etria before its destruction. After turning up empty on Istari for a few times, Inari had tried her luck with the neighboring world. But when she arrived there, she had been in for a culture shock. She saw nothing of the primitive culture that she had been aware of from her memories, instead when arriving to Earth for the first time, Inari was almost hit by a car. At that point it instilled panic into her as she rushed out of the street, bumped into people, felt closed in by the tall buildings which resulted in the young Amfel quickly departing the world. It was a drastic change, something that she wasn’t entirely used too but it was something that she going to have to accept as some of her people might have ended up there. So whenever there was a possible chance that she might have to cross into Earth for a few weeks (she usually tried to spend a few weeks on Istari searching, and then a few weeks on Earth searching to balance it out) she meditated to try and keep her emotions in check.

Hopefully this works for you. <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 23rd 2013, 01:22 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

I see that you have now added in a section in her history that says the elemental spirits will grant her additional powers at some point in the future, which would take her back up to all the powers she had originally, except for her immunity to disease. She may not have any powers above and beyond what's currently listed in her Powers list.

This is the last time I'm going to ask for edits. Once reference to any additional powers has been removed, I'll finish her up and begin her trial period. If this is not done in the next round of edits, she will be denied with no chance to reapply.
PM 
^
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Oct 23rd 2013, 04:04 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

Fixed.

Inari then came to one decision. Since she believed that it was her fault for destroying Etria she was going to try to rebuild the kingdom. Her first order of business was to search for survivors in the debris, and then go looking for those who had escaped the carnage. The spirits within her approved of her goal and decided that they were going to help her in achieve this by making critical decisions themselves. Usually the Amfel is like any other human who can die of natural causes. However Inari was made ageless. They knew that she was going to need time to prove to herself, her people, and even to them that she could rebuild and restore the kingdom and the spirits knew that she couldn’t do that by aging normally. They wanted her to prove herself to them, to prove that she was good enough to bring their destroyed city back to life.
<BR><BR>
Why had the spirits decided that they were going to bestow on Inari what they have never done to the past Amfels? Because they believed that Inari could be a great Amfel, she just needed a little bit of a push to get there. She needed to prove her worth, so that was the reason why they allowed her to be ageless, she was going to need more than the average human lifespan to prove that she can be great. She was still a very inexperienced and ill prepared Amfel, but with time to progress and make better improvements, the spirits felt that she could be legendary.

--------------------
user posted image
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Oct 23rd 2013, 07:10 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

This application has been unlocked for updates.

This character has been accepted on a permanent trial basis. Any abuse of
her powers will result in immediate deactivation and archival.
PM 
^
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Mar 3rd 2015, 03:17 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

Hey guys! Inari's been updated!

I've changed her name and location to fit accordingly.

Also added in a strength:
<option>Lucas & Kelly

Two weaknesses:
<option>Lucas & Kelly
<option>Her anger

The reason why I didn't put triggers into her weaknesses is because she doesn't particularly have specific triggers or triggers that are worse than others. It's all really on the same level. I explained that a bit in the paragraph down below!

Added in a paragraph at the end of the personality:
After providing assistance to Rykar in the Errosed Civil War, Inari has since become reserved. She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder – also known as War Fatigue in Istari – that has made her closed off to others. She tries to appear normal, but sometimes it comes off as being distant or too formal for her actual normal self before the war. Inari is often plagued by the nightmares from the battles and has a hard time meditating due to her unstable mentality. She has multiple triggers that are often random that reminds her of the war and she wishes that they were easy to define so that she can warn others. Being that they’re generally random it’s hard to keep them at bay. The PTSD mostly affects her anger; she flies into a blinding rage that it’s sometimes difficult to calm her down from it. Those close to her though usually manage to bring her down sometimes with difficulty and sometimes easily.

Here are the updates to her history and I got the okay's from everyone that I needed to in order to write these!:
During her journey, Inari was able to reconnect with many people from her past lives and found new relationships that will last a life time. The first of those new relationships was a man named Zephyr Yoren, a rock-shaper from Etria. She had first heard of him through rumors and stories of a man who lived in the woods who could manipulate rocks. The initial meeting took place at Zephyr’s cabin after Inari was able to track him down. Zephyr recognized Inari instantly and quickly invited her into his home where the two of them shared their survival stories and conversed about their lives. After Inari had learned that Zephyr was a master in his element, she asked him to become her master. It took some convincing, but Zephyr agreed to help Inari exceed in her techniques and the two of them met up as much as they could – when they could – in order to train.
<BR><BR>
The second – and one of the most important – relationship is the one that developed between Inari and an Earthling man named Lucas Devon. She first met Lucas through Astaroth, a demon that she ran into and decided to vanquish, but before she could deliver the final blow to him, he had fallen back and released Lucas onto her. Seeing the sudden change, Inari was able to stop herself and get the full story from Lucas about how he became bonded with the likes of Astaroth. After hearing his story, Inari suddenly felt compelled to try to help him. She worked hard and closely with Lucas to help free him from Astaroth and eventually, what started off as business turned into something a little more romantic. When the two of them were not together they often wrote letters to each other across the worlds. Soon, they developed feelings and then started to see each other as much as they could.
<BR><BR>
However Inari’s letters suddenly became almost few and far between when Inari suddenly found herself in the middle of a war. Rykar Turocson – a childhood friend who is pretty much family to her – came to her and asked her for help to defeat his father. Feeling like she needed to repay him for when he was there for her in her time of need, Inari agreed despite an oath the first Amfel took all those years ago – never using their powers to kill another human being, only using them to vanquish demons. After a few long and grueling battles Rykar noticed the toll that it was beginning to take on his sister’s mental health and tried multiple times to send her home, but Inari refused, telling him that she couldn’t leave her family and home in a time when it needed her most.
<BR><BR>
It got a bit better after she had received a letter from Lucas saying that he was travelling to Errosed to help aide in the war efforts, and that made it easily when he finally arrived. She felt a bit more at ease knowing that he was close, but that still didn’t stop the nightmares from keeping her awake at night.
<BR><BR>
It was during Turoc’s Bane, the final battle of the war that had the most impact on Inari’s life and mental state. Rykar and Inari’s troops were being decimated and the battle was getting bloodier than Inari had ever seen. She went in search of Rykar to try and convince him to pull back what was left of their forces, but when she finally found her friend, his father Turoc was advancing on him going for the direct kill. Inari intervened, saving Rykar’s life and nearly ending hers. The only reason why she survived was because the wound was so fatal that it ignited the Harmony State. Deciding to take revenge for the damage that had been inflicted onto their vessel, the spirits took their anger out on the opposing side, singlehandedly winning the war for Rykar. But it wasn’t over for her. She sustained so much damage in that one battle that the spirits were forced to keep Inari in the Harmony State for about a week till she was healed enough to go through the healing process on her own.
<BR><BR>
Inari spent several more weeks in Errosed while she healed with Lucas at her side. While she was there she proclaimed as a hero, attended Rykar’s Coronation Day, and was Rykar’s matron when he wedded Nellie. However while the physical wounds healed, the mental ones didn’t. Inari might not have remembered the week that the spirits saved her life, but she remembered the pain that she felt when Turoc’s sword pierced her stomach. And all of that pain, fear, and rage swelled in her chest causing more nightmares and countless sleepless nights.
<BR><BR>
She tried meditating, but found that it was an utter failure when she had demolished an entire forest from being spooked by an animal in the middle of a session. Desparate, Inari went to Earth to seek the help of a friend, a hunter, and a fellow meditator named Sastre Quicksilver. The two had met on Earth when Sastre aided Inari in taking down a demon she had a bit of a difficult time with. He gave her a few pointers for the next time she was in a tight bind and in return she gave him a few objects that they used in her kingdom to fight demons including a blade made out of a demon’s bone. She also gave him herbal teas that have a natural boost of energy and a separate one to help with healing wounds and soothing aching pains.
<BR><BR>
Inari turned to Sastre for help because she knew that he would be able to separate business and friendship (she regarded him as a friend even when he told her countless times he was not allowed to have any). She knew that she could trust Sastre to stop her from going on a rampage or hurting someone in case the Harmony State was ignited from meditating. He agreed to help her as much as he possibly could. They got together every couple of weeks or so to meditate, and Inari had to admit that while their sessions together helped, they were just few and far between. Her mental progress wasn’t going as fast as she would have liked and of course she did not blame Sastre for that.
<BR><BR>
While she worked on her progress, word of Inari’s heroism traveled all across Istari and soon, survivors were beginning to return. It happened slowly, only one or two every month or so, but they returned to Etria telling her that the heroism that she performed in Errosed gave them the bravery to return home. Within two years, a total of twelve survivors returned, two non-shapers, one air-shaper, one fire-shaper, and two water shapers. Inari was more than elated, but with twelve new lives in the kingdom she was slowly putting back together, Inari knew that the next step was to rebuild their government. That was when she returned to Zephyr’s cabin. She had asked him if he would rejoin her in Etria as Councilmen Zephyr Yoren, the Earth Master. After struggling to find the words and a few requests on his end that Inari fulfilled, Zephyr agreed and moved back to Etria with his partner Ryu Moonblood.
<BR><BR>
With fourteen lives in Etria, fifteen including herself, she knew that she could no longer spend so much time traveling. She started to work harder than ever to get the rest of the kingdom built with the help of Zephyr. However everyone in Etria understood that Inari had a mission to continue searching for more survivors and she was grateful that there were no ill-wills against her when she needed to leave. When she did leave however, she the Etria in the hands of Zephyr.
<BR><BR>
Now Inari found herself in a bit of a predicament. She was still having a hard time recovering mentally from the war, and she now realized that she needed to put her own healing aside to care for everyone else. But she also understood that in order to get things working smoothly she needed to heal herself too. Finding the time to do that though was getting slimmer and now Inari’s decided to completely put it all on hold till everyone in Etria was on their feet comfortably.

--------------------
user posted image
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Arius
 Posted: Mar 5th 2015, 07:23 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2204 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

This looks good other than one thing. I'm not sure if you even want to change it or not, but parts of her Sexuality may not be applicable now that she's in a relationship with Lucas. If it needs to be changed, do so, but if you aren't planning on changing it, just let me know!

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Inari Fadjah
 Posted: Mar 5th 2015, 11:37 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
156 Posts
Twenty-seven
Heterosexual
Taken

Hey Arius!

I'm not planning on changing Inari's sexuality because her relationship with Lucas is just beginning on the board compared to what it is in the Cbox. When the relationship develops more and it's further along, I'll probably change it then if that's okay.

--------------------
user posted image
PM AOL Yahoo 
^
Arius
 Posted: Mar 8th 2015, 10:54 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2204 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

Opening this application for edits! (12/23/2017)

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Kay
 Posted: Dec 23rd 2017, 04:45 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
188 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

She's all updated! Here's what I did.

I updated her age . I also removed "ageless" from her powers section.

Took out the paragraph about her eyes changing when in the Harmony State and modified a paragraph:
Before her trip to the Spirit Realm, Inari’s body went through a significant change when she went into the Harmony State. The spirits dwelling within her use her body as their own to provoke harmony with the elements. Her eyes begin to glow a light blue as tribal tattoos then appear all over her body including her arms, legs, and hands. Each tattoo takes on its own formation and its own color to represent each element while still staying connected. Now that the Spirits have bond themselves to Inari’s soul, the tribal markings no longer appear on her, her eyes however still glow whenever she enters the form.

History:
In the months that passed, things started to look brighter for Etria. More people were beginning to move in, the rebuilding of the kingdom was moving a long much faster and she now had her best friend Sastre Quicksilver at her side. Things had been looking great, but there was still just one thing that bothered her; how was she to keep the peace for her people?
<BR><BR>
After much debate between Sastre, and Zephyr, and against her better judgment, Inari decided to travel to the Spirit Realm to try to get in touch with her past life, Botan Izefia. Botan was the only Amfel that had brought a century of peace to her kingdom, and without his guidance Inari felt that she was going to fail her people once more. After months of searching for a way into the Spirit Realm, Inari finally found her way there through an ancient Etrian spell book. After successfully executing the spell, Inari was on her way into the Spirit Realm and to Botan.
<BR><BR>
Upon finding Botan, Inari learned quickly the tragic truth behind the hundred-year peace. Botan had sold his kingdom and its inhabitants to the very demon that had been bringing them nothing but chaos. The terms to the agreement was simple, the demons would grant Etria at least a hundred years of peace and Botan agreed to bound his soul to the deal; meaning that his next set of lives throughout the hundred years would be weaker, and less interested in training till it left him too weak to defend the kingdom when the time came. And therefore, would fall to the demon invasion.
<BR><BR>
The overwhelming feeling of rage and her vulnerability in the Spirit Realm caused Inari to go into the Harmony State then she destroyed Botan’s soul. Because of that, Inari broke the cycle of her past lives, which resorted to her falling into a spiritual type of coma. If left in the Spirit Realm, Inari would surely die. In a stroke of luck, Sastre had seen the burst of power from Inari and had managed to make his way to her to return her to the Living Realm. While there the Elemental Spirits within her mended the missing piece of her soul by fusing themselves with her. Doing this allowed Inari to wake up from her coma.
<BR><BR>
Inari awoke in the presence of Darian Florian – the recently brought back to life brother of her best friend. While with him Inari went through bouts of memory lapses where she recalled bits and pieces of her time in the Spirit Realm. Through this she came to the realization that Sastre Quicksilver perished along with Astaroth; which lead to her gaining another ally. Darian Rainari had been in the middle of making his way to Etria to give them anything that he could and Inari graciously accepted his offer and the two travelled to Etria together.
<BR><BR>
It didn’t take long for Inari to realize that she had changed since returning to the living world. Due to the Spirits binding themselves to her soul, giving her the ability to use the elements without needing to be in contact with its respective spirit. Due to that, her element powers are much stronger now that their full potential has been nearly unlocked. In the beginning Inari had little control over them causing tremors in the ground, the water fountains to over flow and the occasional fire or strong wind gusts through the kingdom. Through weeks of nonstop meditation and retraining in her abilities, Inari had managed to grab onto some type of hold of her powers.
<BR><BR>
A few months had passed and things were beginning to settle. Darian has settled into his routine with the people of Etria and the kingdom has mostly recovered from the tragic loss of one of their own. Since it was time for everyone to move on after giving Sastre a life celebration, Inari had discovered a letter written by her best friend that was addressed to her. In this letter, he told her about all the evidence piling up against one of the members of the community, Koshei, who Sastre believed was the main reason for the demon attacks to the kingdom in the recent months. Since the discovery of the letter, Inari has been working on a plan to bring Koschei and his demon horde down.

Powers:
><b>» Elements:</b> Inari has a wide range of elemental abilities; she has Pyrokinesis, the ability to control, create, and manipulate fire through the martial art form of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. However due to her fear of fire over a past life being burned to death, she has a difficult time controlling this ability for her fear of it.  One of her two main elements that Inari feel comfort using is Geokinesis, the ability to control and manipulate the earth. This was her birth element and the first one that she has come close to mastering and it is executed through the martial art form of Hung Gar. The second most common element for Inari is hydrokinesis, the ability to control water and performed through the form of Tai Chi. The last element that she can use is aerokinesis, the ability to control and manipulate the air and performed through the execution of Ba Gua.
<P>
Since awakening from her spiritual coma, her powers had changed drastically. Before, she could only use one element at a time, however since her soul has bound to the Spirits, Inari now can use all the elements one at a time or all together. However due to the recent and drastic change, her powers are unpredictable and sensitive to her emotions. They exert more energy and results in becoming exhausted and worn down faster. She can also get migraines, nosebleeds, and become mentally and physically exhausted. If the Spirits in any way end up removed from her soul, Inari could once again fall into a coma, killed, end the Amfel line, and her soul could become destroyed. Solar flares and new moons can affect her powers as well; her powers can become overwhelmingly strong and uncontrollable during a solar flare and become nullified during the new moon cycles, a weakness that will go away overtime with training, practice, and experience. Lunar and Solar eclipses can also cause these same events to happen but the results could be three times more catastrophic.

<p><b>» Harmony State:</b> A state that is reached when the elements are harmonized, giving Inari the ability to control all of the elements. Because of her unbalanced abilities, Inari cannot control the Harmony State. At the end of the burst of massive power, she passes out that can be accompanied by nose bleeds and memory loss. The Harmony State can also be provoked by disturbed while in a deep meditation or in a life or death situation. One major weakness to the Harmony State is that if she’s killed while in it, it breaks the Amfel cycle.

<p><b>» Healing:</b> Unlike some of the other Amfels, Inari is one of the few of her lives that has the ability to heal people with blessed or holy water. However it takes more energy to execute and she cannot heal herself, only others.

This post has been edited by Kay: Jan 4th 2018, 12:12 AM
PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Closed Topic Start new topic 

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.