Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

The Rules
Arius
 Posted: Dec 17th 2012, 01:51 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2204 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

Site Rules

user posted image You must be 18 years old or older to register.

user posted image Please register with your character's name (first and last, if applicable) with proper capitalization first. Once your first character is approved, you may make a player account (also using proper caps) and link your character account to it. Please make an effort to keep the mini profile on your accounts up to date, as it will greatly help other players learn about and plot with your characters!

user posted image As a JCINK Premium site, we have a little more freedom when it comes to mature content, but we still ask people to use common sense. Threads with mature content must be labeled as such with either "Mature" or "M" in the title or description. Use your best judgment, but as a rule of thumb, anything with descriptive sexual situations or overly intense or gory violence should be labeled Mature, especially if it involves minors.

user posted image We allow characters as young as sixteen years of age to be involved in mature threads (violence, sexual content, drinking, etc.) but please don’t abuse the privilege. We know how the world works and that it isn't at all unusual for teenagers to be involved in uncomfortable or adult situations (especially in a medieval setting like Istari), but if it starts to get out of hand, we will go back to our original policy of eighteen years or older.

user posted image We ask that you choose a real life play by for all human-looking characters, or the most lifelike artwork possible for non-human characters, such as monsters, creatures, etc. Your play by may be any celebrity or personality with readily available media coverage (i.e. photos), which includes actors, models, TV personalities, athletes, etc.

user posted image The avatar dimensions are 250 x 400 px or smaller, and signatures should be no wider than 500 to 550 pixels. Use common sense when it comes to the length, please. Please do not use explicit images in your account graphics.

user posted image We do not require a minimum word count for posts, but please be conscientious to other players when replying in threads. We’d prefer at least a paragraph, but the most important thing to remember is to include enough detail to set the scene, move the plot along, and to give your partner something to respond to with their next post.

user posted image Istari is a thread-based roleplay, meaning you MUST post at least once a month in an in-character thread (game threads, etc do not count) to maintain your character and face claim. We aren't always going to be super strict about this, because we know that real life can get hectic at times, but try not to go too far over the one month mark!

user posted image We have no limit on how many characters you can make, as long as you can keep up with all of them. We do ask, however, that you post in at least one in-character thread with your last character before creating another one.

user posted image In order to prevent sharking and to promote an inclusive, community atmosphere, we ask that new characters be active for at least a month before entering into a sexual or romantic relationship (excluding adoptables or characters whose applications include pre-plotted relationships with each other). While we encourage character growth and development, romance should be an underscore to our main theme, rather than the prime focus. Please do not register for a character here with the sole purpose of having a sexual or romantic relationship with another character – it will not be tolerated.

user posted image Be respectful and try to keep from bringing real life drama onto the site.

user posted image We understand that there are bound to be disagreements or clashes of personality. If you’re having an issue with another player, please try to talk to them and resolve the issue in a respectful manner. We’re all adults, here, and we greatly appreciate mature conduct. If a situation is particularly serious, or if discussing things with all involved parties fails to resolve the conflict, the admins will be more than happy to step in and mediate.

user posted image We have a "Three Strikes, You're Out" policy on Istari. This means that people who ignore warnings and continue to break the rules will be asked to leave the site after three official warnings. These are not given out lightly, as we prefer to resolve issues amicably when possible, but we reserve the right to forego the warning system following serious infractions, such as harassment or abuse.

user posted image Obviously, we can't cover every situation here. Please use your best judgment, and if something comes up, respect the admins’ decision. We are usually happy to discuss them if approached politely, but ultimately admin word is the final authority.

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Closed Topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.