Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Endless Possibilities, Kalista's Plotters
Alex Jennings
 Posted: May 5th 2013, 09:59 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
31 Posts
Late Thirties
Straight
Single

Alex  Jennings

No, you can tell ‘em all now

~Player~
Kalista

~Age~
Mid-Thirties

~Location~
Both Worlds

~Orientation~  
Straight  

I don’t fold up, and I don’t bow

Friends

Alex has visited places all over the world, and has met no small number of interesting people along the way. Not that she has much time to visit anyone
or enjoy their company. Her position in the special forces military teams and her duties as Rana keep her on her toes most of the time, and she often spends long hours on patrol or training with her team. Many in Istari recognize her on sight, however, and she always makes time to relax for awhile when she
does have a chance to spend some downtime back in Wolfhaven.

Enemies

Wolfhaven is also the only place where Alex feels safe enough to really
let her guard down. As the second in command of the pioneering mixed-race combined military force and Rana of the Alkali, there are a lot of people gunning for her. Alex is used to dealing with threats, and as an alpha within her pack, she’s had to defend her position more than once. Her exploits as an Alkali warrior have also earned her a great number of enemies, and she often
goes into situations expecting trouble.

Romances

That said, it should come as no surprise that Alex has little opportunity
for romance. The demands of protecting her packs, both her true pack and
her adopted one, have left her with an understandable lack of spare time. Still, she’s as red-blooded as any woman, and she’s not above a romantic interlude now and then. Even so, she refuses to sleep with any of her fellow servicemen, knowing it would only cause drama and undermine the effectiveness of the team. She’s also wary of sleeping with her pack mates. It would do nothing but complicate pack hierarchy, and like many wolves, she would prefer to find a
life mate rather than a brief distraction. It might happen someday, but
she doesn’t plan on stressing about it in the meantime.

Other

Alex has been to a lot of places and has seen a lot of things, so
she’s pretty versatile where potential relationships are concerned. I may
also be open to someone picking up a character from her history, so PM me if something sounds like fun. She’s active both on Earth and in Istari, and she’s best suited for action and adventure themed threads, although I’m open
to anything. Other than that, we’ll see what happens!

I don’t back up, I don’t back down

Stats

Shapeshifter (Werewolf)
Application
Tracker

Seeking Plots

I don’t roll over, don’t know how
coded by jeslylo of caution, atf, rc&r, & rpg-d
lyrics from "Lost in the Echo" by Linkin Park

--------------------
i've got the scars to prove
that only the strong survive
PM 
^
Abigail Brennan
 Posted: May 5th 2013, 10:01 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
33 Posts
Bisexual
Committed

Abigail  Brennan

So much more that I’ve got now to fight for

~Player~
Kalista

~Age~
Twenty-Seven

~Location~
Both Worlds

~Orientation~  
Bisexual  

But it still doesn’t change who I am

Friends

Brennan is generally laid back and easy to like, and though she’s on the
road a lot, she usually has no problem making friends. She knows many people on either side of the Gates, whether it be clients, contacts she’s made in her travels, or even those supernatural creatures who have vowed not to prey on innocents. Being a witch herself, she’s developed a pretty open mind when it comes to “monsters,” and she loves learning about all manner of different creatures and races while exploring. She’d go to the ends of the Earth – or Istari, for that matter – for those few individuals she’s closest to, and there’s nothing more important to her than protecting those she cares about.

Enemies

If a creature preys on humans, though, Brennan won’t hesitate to take necessary action. She’s driven and cunning on the hunt, and she’s made her share of enemies along the way. She holds a special hatred for dark spell casters who use despicable methods of obtaining their powers, or who use their natural gifts to harm others. They’re a perversion of everything she stands for, and she rarely passes up an opportunity to bring one to justice. She and her partner, Lily, will track down anything that preys on innocents, though,
leaving her with a variety of species eager for her blood.

Romances

Fitting in romance can certainly be difficult with Brennan’s lifestyle, but
she still maintains hope that she’ll find someone to share a long and meaningful relationship with. She does occasionally indulge in a brief liaison here and there, but for the most part she’s content to wait for the right person to come along. She’s more than a little interested in Lily, her partner and traveling companion, but she doesn’t want to do anything to sabotage the unlikely friendship they’ve cultivated over the years. This and a handful of other circumstances have discouraged her from making a move, but for now she's content to take things as they come, hoping to find a kindred
spirit along the way.

Other

Brennan’s open for pretty much anything on either side of the Gates. She
often comes in contact with civilians, other adventurers, and a variety of supernatural creatures, either as potential clients, or in her travels across the worlds. She’s versatile and good in many different situations, and I’m open to any ideas. I’ve intentionally left a lot of blanks in her history and in my plans for her, and who doesn’t have room for a few more friends and enemies? I’m just taking it as it comes with her, so hit me up if you’re interested in plotting!

There is no fear I’ll ever give in to

Stats

Gifted (Witch)
Application
Tracker

Seeking Plots

I’m untouchable
coded by jeslylo of caution, atf, rc&r, & rpg-d
lyrics from "Where is the Edge" by Within Temptation

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Lydraea Ardaigh
 Posted: Oct 8th 2014, 06:45 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Hippo
34 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

Lydraea & Abigail: Okay I have a funny feeling she would hate Draea and this could make an amazing hate ship. Draea travels a lot throughout earth so I can pretty much make her be anywhere that Abigail would be for them to run into each other. As you know from reading her app, Draea is extremely sadistic, but she doesn't outright kill people or she would have been caught a long time ago. She likes playing mind games with people. Twisting their words around and spinning cunning webs using them. So enemies, no specific ideas, just trying to get Draea out there! <3

Also open to plots with your other charrie if you can think of anything smile.gif
PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Jun 28th 2015, 02:26 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

Hippo, I'm so sorry, I completely missed your post until I came in to clean things up after the activity check! I'm about to drop right at this moment, but I'd love to get together with you about plots tomorrow, once I've had some sleep. I look forward to threading together, if you're still interested!
PM 
^
Anaea Marks
 Posted: Jun 28th 2015, 05:33 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Hippo
52 Posts
bisexual
single

ABSOLUTELY STILL INTERESTED! And now I have more babies than just Draea so drop me a note in my plotter or through a pm when we can get started on figuring out some ideas. I'm usually up for ANY kind of plot. And don't worry, it's very easy to miss plotter spam <3
PM 
^
Trip Giddlestone
 Posted: Mar 8th 2017, 03:27 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Dizzie
19 Posts
Heterosexual
Painfully Single

Brennan and Tripwire:

I feel like these two would get along pretty well. If you are interested, we could even go as far as to say that Trip possibly sought out Brennan in the hopes of treating her mother, and that Brennan's magic is why Dairah isn't just dead? If you don't want that kind of tie in, there is still the option of them just both being adventurers that might happen into the occasional same circle? Either way, these two would probably get along, and I would love to plot them together a little. you're call, though, of course.
PM 
^
Abigail Brennan
 Posted: Mar 8th 2017, 10:14 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
33 Posts
Bisexual
Committed

Sure, I'd definitely be up for it! Did you have a particular type of thread in mind? If not, I'm happy to do some brainstorming.

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Kay
 Posted: Nov 17th 2017, 07:05 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
192 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

Addie & Jordan
So we mentioned this, and I think it's about time we get going on getting these two in the same room together. If you're into it, Jordan could be part of the special task force put together by the FBI to try to track her down. And they finally get a hit from a local police station where they apprehended her from "rigging" a police car to blow up after a routine traffic stop. Jordan goes to the police station to question and arrest Adeline, but then things happen and we just roll with it at that point.

PM 
^
Kalista
 Posted: Nov 18th 2017, 01:15 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
1009 Posts
Undisclosed
Married

I agree completely, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with these two! Did you want to start with her at the police station and Jordan on her way or arriving, or did you have another starting point in mind? I'm also happy to start, or you're welcome to, whichever you'd prefer.
PM 
^
Kay
 Posted: Nov 20th 2017, 12:46 AM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kay
192 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

I actually had planned to start it already at the police station in an interrogation room or something, so I'll start it. Since I gotta get a post up for her. I'll link it to you when it's up! <3
PM 
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.