Our Community

Females

Males

Total Characters
Kalista
Well met! I’m Kalista, and I co-admin Istari with my husband, Arius. We've run a few other sites together, from an old west Supernatural roleplay to a Tron Legacy board, but Istari is our first original creation. It was originally adapted as a D&D campaign setting for a group of friends, but I always loved the idea of mixing magic and technology to get both a classic and urban fantasy feel. I still enjoy playing tabletop D&D, but these days I tend to spend more time on writing and online roleplay.

Along with avid writing comes avid reading, and I always have at least one book going. I tend to bounce back and forth between urban or high fantasy and science fiction, but I also enjoy crime novels and a handful of the classics. I also love gaming on the Playstation and Nintendo 3DS. I love a wide variety of games, but the original Mass Effect trilogy is nearest and dearest to my heart.

I tend to be online from midday to late evening, depending on my work schedule, and I usually lurk throughout the day. I love working with coding and graphics, so if you’re having trouble with something or have questions about the setting, feel free to message me or hop into the chat box. I’m always open to feedback, and I hope you enjoy playing in Istari as much as I’ve enjoyed working on it!

Arius
Heyla! I'm Arius, one of the admins here on Istari, and Kalista's lucky husband. I love writing (obviously), especially horror, fantasy, and sci fi, though I've been known to dabble in poetry and even fanfiction in the past. Though I don't seem to find the time for them as much as I used to, I enjoy playing games, both video and tabletop, and if I'm not around on the site it's probably because I'm playing my PS4 or 3DS.

I'm a great devourer of all sorts of literature, from high fantasy epics to dry historical tales, from fiction to non-fiction, and even comic books, which I have a huge passion for. I co-own a small comic shop in my hometown, which is something of a dream come true for me, and I've been collecting and reading comics and graphic novels since I was about five years old.

I'm usually around in the evenings to answer questions, play in the cbox, or even just shoot the breeze, so feel free to hit me up if you ever need anything!

Kay
Hey there! I’m Kay, Istari's moderator, and it’s nice to meet you! I’ve been roleplaying and writing for more than ten years and have been playing on Istari for about the whole time that it’s been open. I’ve known Kali and Arius for almost ten years now and actually got my online handler name from Arius. I’m a frequent writer and I do get distracted relatively easily as I’m always on social media sites. But currently I’ve been distracted with watching TV shows.

I’m an avid TV watcher ranging from Supernatural all the way to anime and nostalgia TV shows. Currently I’ve gotten myself stuck on Gargoyles. I’m also a classic anime fan, I’ve seen some of the newer animes, but the classics are my favorite. I’m also into a lot of superhero movies and horror movies, but movies in general are the things that I’m doing if I’m not writing.

I used to be a night owl, but given my 4am work schedule, I can be found lurking around here at high noon to about early evening, I’m a lurker so there will always definitely be someone there to answer your questions! Welcome to Istari!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/KalistaMoonwolf/Istari/BannerPrototype17_zps35f9d820.png

Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Alexis (Jennings) Kin'd'Aurin, Alkali Werewolf
Alex Jennings
 Posted: Feb 11th 2013, 12:44 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
30 Posts
Late Thirties
Straight
Single

User Group
Shapeshifters
Sexuality
Straight
Occupation
Rana of the Alkali, Soldier
Aliases
Goes by Alex, AJ, Alex Jennings (Earth), or Lady Kin’d’Aurin (Istari)
Face Claim
Diane Kruger
Alexis Joyce Kin’d’Aurin
Fight like you’ll never die, fight to stay alive
Fight to raise the crown, fight to take ‘em down
Fight like you’re gods and monsters because you want to
To save a life, fight for you and I
Physical Description
Alex is tall and lean, with light blue eyes and sandy blonde hair that she tends to pull back into a simple clip or twist. When in the modern world, she generally tries to minimize the characteristics that mark her as something other than human, but an astute observer might still pick up on the subtle hallmarks of her Alkali heritage. She’s a little more alert and sure footed than a human, and her movements reflect a deliberate purpose common to a predator in the wild. Many people tend to overlook this, however, seeing only what they expect to. This suits Alex just fine, though she still worries about slipping up and doing something that sets the humans on edge.

Around her pack or other Istarins, Alex is much more relaxed and vibrant. She can often be found outdoors in jeans or riding breeches, and she’s usually on horseback. Her slender figure and light tan can both be attributed to her active lifestyle and long, hard hours working outside. This also leaves little time for fussy clothes or fashion statements, and she can’t stand slathering makeup all over her face. It’s too restricting and heavy, and it makes her want to bite something. She’s not completely boorish, though; she just generally prefers simple, classy outfits – sometimes with a tasteful accent or some jewelry – to gaudy displays of wealth. She has no time for social intrigue or drama, and there’s no reason clothes can’t look nice and be functional.

The one thing she can’t cover are the faint, ugly scars that trace the majority of her body. She received them from the vampire lord who slaughtered most of her family, and she refuses to remove them until she’s killed him, at which point she’ll feel she’s earned the right to. If she’s being honest with herself, she also fears that the damage is too great to ever recover from completely, and if she never tries, she’ll never have to admit that they’ll always be part of her; a visual clue to her underlying emotional scars. Because her people heal from tattoos after a short period of time, they instead use scarification with silver implements for personal decoration, and the only other permanent mark Alex bears is a carefully-etched design on her right shoulder blade, which marks her rite of passage and identifies her as an Alkali warrior.

Alex can also adopt the form of a large timber wolf through a quick and fluid transformation into an intermediary energy state (shown here and here). In wolf form, Alex’s shoulder reaches about as high as a man’s waist, and she looks just like a common gray wolf apart from size and color. Her fur is of pure, unmarred white, and while this makes things a little more difficult when she’s trying to hide, it also makes her very easy to identify and rally around in combat. She retains her blue eyes while in this form, and they’re fully as expressive as they are when she’s human. Her wolf form is completely comfortable and natural to her while in Istari, but it’s not one she usually adopts around modern-day humans unless it’s necessary.

» Hands-on activities, the rougher the better

» Being in wolf form or with her pack

» Horseback riding

» Learning things, intelligent discussion or debate

» Reading

» Sparring and staying fit

» A full moon and some fog. Add a little forest, and there’s nothing more fun to run through

» Running with the Hunt

Dislikes
» Bullies and prejudice

» Bad or off-key singing. Sometimes enhanced hearing has its drawbacks.

» Being underestimated because of her gender

» Feeling helpless, being injured or sidelined

» Boredom. Has to have something to do to keep her mind and body active

» Failing in her responsibilities

» Showing weakness or someone getting the best of her

» Modern humans’ hesitance toward physical contact. It makes it difficult to communicate and makes her feel extremely isolated.

» Talking about her twin brother

» Being threatened

Strengths
» Disciplined

» Riding and handling horses comes as easily as breathing to her

» Fluent in English, the common Istarin trade tongue, and Elven (of which Alkali is a dialect)

» Familiar with both the modern world and Istari

» Charismatic with a dominant personality in terms of pack hierarchy

» Good at reading people due to how much wolves rely on body language and subtle physical cues

» Extensive training as a warrior and in using staffs and firearms

» Intelligent and cool-headed

Weaknesses

» Is new to her position as Rana and is still somewhat uncertain and self conscious » Easy to read; isn’t used to hiding her expressions and body language

» May get antsy or cranky if she hasn’t shifted in awhile, especially if she’s rationing her food while working with humans

» Afraid that showing any doubt or hesitation could invite others to challenge her for her rank

» Has gained enemies and may be misjudged based on her mother’s actions and reputation

» Regularly defends the trade roads against some creatures that can be harmful or fatal, even to immortals

» Is pretty much learning to mediate between Istarins and modern humans on the fly

» Often feels like she’s stretched too thin from constantly dividing her time between her pack and the modern world

» Can sometimes get bossy when dealing with non-pack members and gets frustrated when she isn’t obeyed

» Has to defend her place in the pack from challengers wishing to advance their position

» Stubborn

» Can get very protective, especially of Sol. He’s less dexterous and is harder to hide than she is.

» Terrible at intrigue and playing politics. Wolves like to know where they stand with others and often won’t hesitate to let others know where they stand with them

» Has to monitor and control herself very carefully around mortals

» Has a tendency to work herself into exhaustion, especially if it’s for someone she respects

» Is trying to overcome a deep-seated fear and mistrust of vampires

» Tends to be more outspoken than generally acceptable for someone under military command

» Being separated from her pack or another stable group of wolves for long periods is stressful, taking an ever-increasing mental and emotional toll and potentially causing a variety of side effects

Goals
» Represent her pack and her people well

» Kill the vampire lord responsible for slaughtering her family

» Liberate Westenra and restore the Alkali and the Wild Hunt to their previous power and status

» Figure out how to work and coexist peacefully with modern humans

» Help keep her pack happy and safe

Fears
» Whether or not she can live up to the expectations the pack has placed on her

» Losing her position in the pack

» Terrified of being fed on by a vampire

» Losing a packmate or her equine partner, Sol

» Making a bad decision resulting in serious harm to others

» Being maimed or paralyzed

» Brain damage. Her brain itself might heal quickly and skills can be relearned, but personality can shift and memories can be lost forever.

» That she’ll lose her nerve if she finally gets a chance to take on Lord Kohl

Personality
Alex is generally a source of balance and reassurance for her pack mates, but it wasn’t always that way. After the attack that wiped out half her family she was left with both mental and physical scars, some of which remain to this day. The worst of these was the loss of her twin, and Alex was desperate to find some way to cope afterward, hating how broken and vulnerable she felt. Her pack and their Elven cousins gave her what counseling and mental training they could, but it still took years and plenty of hard work to reach this point. Eventually her determination paid off, and though she’s still mistrustful of vampires and terrified of being bitten by one, she has largely recovered from the ordeal.

On the upside, experiencing that level of trauma and persevering has put any hardships that develop into perspective, and Alex is rarely shaken or ruffled. When not working, she’s relaxed and fun loving with an impish sense of humor. She loves picking on her brothers, and is perfectly capable of giving as much as she gets. She can often be found lounging in the library, but more often than not she’s outside somewhere, usually with Sol. When she’s home, she and her stallion are nearly inseparable, spending most of their time training or on patrols. Alex doesn’t mind, though; she’s very active and dedicated to keeping her pack and the Settled Lands safe, and the times when she does get to relax and enjoy some quiet time are well worth the sacrifice.

While on duty in the modern world, however, her demeanor is much more reserved. She genuinely likes and respects most of the people she serves with, but she can never afford to forget that they’re outsiders who would almost certainly react badly if they found out what she really was. This alienation can make her on-edge and cranky at times, but most of the time the setting is close enough to a pack for her to get by. There have been precious few people she’s let really get to know her, and it’s a profound symbol of trust when she does let her guard down. Those she trusts also tend to get a dose of her underlying humor, though she tries to keep a lid on it during times when she’s expected to be professional. Anyone who knows her well, though, may still notice her eyes sparkling or a slight twitch of her lip as she looks on in amusement, sometimes sharing a knowing look at some unspoken joke or another.

Above all, Alex craves social interaction and belonging. Despite her drive to prove herself, she’s ultimately a pack animal and feels most comfortable and secure around others. She has a confident, dominant enough personality that she can function on her own for long periods before starting to get stressed, but eventually the separation will start to wear on her. This is more bearable now that she’s challenged for Rana and has the support of the pack behind her. It’s also provided an extra level of stress, however, as she tries to split her time and attention between her duties to her pack and the growing situation on Earth.

History
There are many myths and legends surrounding the origins of the Alkali, but only three things are certain. First, they have always been allies of the Elves of the Summer Court, making up one third of the fabled Wild Hunt which rides down high criminals and threats to the Settled Lands. Second, they originally descended from these Elves before being fused with the souls of their lupine partners, and they continue to share care and use of the Elven herds with them to this day. And finally, Aurin was the first, and though her origins have been lost to history, her brethren and descendants have not.

Alex came into the world during a tumultuous time in the Settled Lands. While vampires normally caused no more problems than any other race, one particular faction had been stirring up trouble, trying to expand their holdings by any means necessary. Their leader, Lord Kohl, was devious and charismatic, and he soon garnered support from several other powerful vampires who viewed “weaker” races as no more than a food supply and labor force.

Over several decades, he spearheaded a campaign which gradually chipped away at the Alkali and their allies’ numbers. Kohl and his supporters were declared enemies of the Settled Lands and a Hunt was called to deal with them once and for all, but his hit-and-run tactics and skill with strategy made them difficult to pin down and eradicate. Still, the Hunt managed to weaken them enough that their vampire lord called a retreat, withdrawing to his fortress in the south.

It was years before he was heard from again, and it was during the time of this uneasy cease fire that Alex and her twin brother, Kyrin, were born. Their parents, Aaron and Eva, were the Alpha pair of the renowned Alkali Pack, which resided in Wolfhaven in their sprawling estate. The wolves of the Hunt were no strangers to tracking their prey across the veil into Earth, and had founded Wolfhaven atop a large Gate so that they could live in and travel freely between the two worlds. They had long ago established modern holdings in remote areas of England and Ireland, the most closely-linked modern locations to the Gates in their area of Istari, and thus Alex grew up living in a state akin to “dual citizenship.”

The Alkali were an old and long-lived race who shared among each other, and their holdings were owned and cared for by all. This meant that as a whole, the wolves were prosperous, and as Alex’s parents were quite successful in their own right, their children and the rest of the pack lived quite comfortably. The pack’s modern holdings and investments didn’t hurt either, allowing them a comfortable existence on either side of the Gates, though the majority of the pack made their home in their Wolfhaven estate.

Like most young wolves, Alex and Kyrin had the run of the estate and surrounding forest as they grew up. The two shared the special mental bond common in many twins, and though their personalities were vastly different, they were utterly inseparable. The two balanced each other well; Kyrin’s reserved, thoughtful personality taught Alex temperance and patience, while her outgoing boisterousness bolstered his confidence and encouraged him to take chances and try new things. The two also stood united against their cadre of older brothers, who taught them to hold their own from a young age.

Powers and Limitations
» Shapeshifting: Alex can transform into a large white wolf at will. This is accomplished through a quick and very fluid transition into an intermediary energy state rather than a physical shifting of muscles and bones. Visual references of the transformation can be found here and here. She maintains her presence of mind when shifted, but her animal instincts and characteristics are much stronger while in this form. When threatened or angry, Alkali in human form may display lengthened canine teeth, and their eyes may take on the reflective quality of a wolf’s. They are also capable of expressing a full canine vocal range while in human form.

» Enhancements: The Alkali possess heightened agility, senses, speed, stamina, stealth, and strength, comparable to that of a standard werewolf. These abilities often work as an asset, but Alex may become disoriented by bright flashes of light or sharp, loud noises. She must also consume a fairly regular, high-calorie diet of red meat or protein to maintain her strength. Long periods without sleeping, eating, or with limited access to nourishing foods won’t kill her, but she’ll grow steadily weaker until she can replenish her reserves. The Alkali may limit their calorie intake as a protection mechanism when interacting with humans outside their territorial lands for any extended period of time, as it helps keep them from hurting someone on accident, but it also puts them at risk since it dulls their senses and slows their healing as well.

Alkali wolves also heal very quickly from most injuries, extending their natural lifespan indefinitely. Injuries caused by silver heal at human speed and are likely to leave scarring, though Alex is able to wear or handle implements made of silver as long as it doesn’t pierce her skin. Shallow scars caused by silver may be excised, but deep, serious injuries may cause irreversible damage. If the injuries are extensive enough, she can even succumb to silver poisoning, which is extremely painful and will slow all healing to a crawl until the silver works itself out of her system. That said, only decapitation, gross head trauma, fatal injuries caused by silver, or severe silver poisoning will kill her outright.

» Telepathy: Alex and her brethren can communicate with others mentally, often sharing images and emotional overtones as well as speech. This does not allow her to read another’s thoughts at will, however; she will only sense what is sent back through the link. Searching for another’s mind could be compared to walking through a murmuring crowd until she recognizes the “feel” of the right person or “voice” and opens a link. The greater the distance, the harder it is and the longer it takes to find and identify them. This works best with packmates, someone she’s close to or knows well, or those with telepathic abilities of their own. It is possible to communicate with the fey herds in this manner as well, albeit on a much more basic level.

This ability also translates into an innate “group” or “pack sense” when multiple Alkali are present in the link. With the pack at large, this is usually limited to a feeling of safety, security, and “home,” but it is actively used on a smaller scale by hunting parties in the field. This allows Alkali wolves to interpret their linked packmates’ emotions, position, and actions quickly on a very basic and instinctual level in order to function together seamlessly. The most dominant wolf in the group maintains control and “steadies” their subordinates so they won’t slip into mob mentality or fall prey to instinctive reactions in tense situations. The larger the group, the harder it is for the dominant wolf not to lose themselves or to take control of others if the need arises.

RP Sample
See Abigail Brennan

Player Info
Well met! I’m Kalista, one of the creators and co-admins of Istari. I’m just over 30, I’ve been RPing for a little over a decade, and I have several characters, both old and new. I’m up for just about any type of RP, and my time zone is -5 GMT (US EST). Hit me up on Skype or in the cbox if you need anything!
Coded by Kalista for Istari

This post has been edited by Alexis Kin'd'Aurin: Nov 13th 2017, 12:33 AM

--------------------
i've got the scars to prove
that only the strong survive
PM 
^
Arius
 Posted: Apr 3rd 2013, 05:52 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2179 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

This application has been unlocked for updates.

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
Alex Jennings
 Posted: Apr 1st 2015, 06:23 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Kalista
30 Posts
Late Thirties
Straight
Single

Updated her lists and reworked the first half of her history somewhat, excluding the bit about the origin of the Alkali.

--------------------
i've got the scars to prove
that only the strong survive
PM 
^
Arius
 Posted: Apr 1st 2015, 06:28 PM
Quote Post
Group Icon
Played by Arius
2179 Posts
N/A
N/A
N/A

CODE
[align=center][dohtml]
<div class="appcase">
<div style="border-radius: 20px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 6px; background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2wee6bl.jpg); background-size: cover; width: 450px; height: 300px;"></div>

<div class="appname">
[shapeshifters]Alexis Taliana Kin’d’Aurin[/shapeshifters]</div>

<div class="applyrics">~No, you can tell ‘em all now – I don’t fold up, and I don’t bow~<br>
~I don’t back up, I don’t back down – I don’t roll over, don’t know how~</div>

<div class="appbarspacer">
<table cellspacing=0 class="appbartitlecontrol">
<tr>
<td class="appbartitle">Age</td>
<td class="appbartitle">Occupation</td>
<td class="appbartitle">Group</td>
</tr>

<table cellspacing=0 class="appbarcontrol">
<tr>
<td class="appbar">Mid-thirties</td>
<td class="appbar">2nd in command of<br> the Alkali, special<br> forces team leader </td>
<td class="appbar">Shapeshifters</td>
</tr>
</table>

<table align="center" cellspacing=5 class="appentries">
<tr><td class="appentriestd">

<div class="appentrytitle">Nicknames</div>
<div class="appentry"> Always goes by Alex or AJ. Uses Alex Jennings in the modern world </div>
</td>

<td class="appentrytop">
<div class="appentrytitle">Sexuality</div>
<div class="appentry">Straight</div>
</td>
</tr>

<td class="appentrytop">
<div class="appentrytitle">Birthday</div>
<div class="appentry">May 27th</div>
</td>

<td class="appentrytop">
<div class="appentrytitle">Play By</div>
<div class="appentry">Diane Kruger</div>
</td>
</tr>

<td class="appentrytop">
<div class="appentrytitle">Location</div>
<div class="appentry"> Wherever she’s needed </div>
</td>

<td class="appentrytop">
<div class="appentrytitle">The Player</div>
<div class="appentry"> Well met! I’m Kalista, founder and co-creator of Istari. I’m in my mid-twenties, and I’ve been RPing for over a decade now. You can find a list of my current characters here, with many more to follow. Hit me up here or on YIM if you need anything!
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<div class="appliststitle">Lists</div>
<center>
<div class="applistsmain">
<form><select class="applist" >
<option selected>I LIKE</option>
<option>~Reading
<option>~Exploring
<option>~Running free
<option>~Learning things
<option>~Horseback riding
<option>~Being in wolf form
<option>~Being with her pack
<option>~Doing something well
<option>~Sparring and staying fit
<option>~Working with computers
<option>~Playing or listening to music
<option>~Intelligent discussion or debate
<option>~Being involved and doing things herself
</select>
</form>

<option selected>I DISLIKE</option>
<option>~Bullies
<option>~Prejudice
<option>~Bad singing
<option>~Feeling helpless
<option>~Being threatened
<option>~Showing weakness
<option>~Having to delegate things
<option>~Being injured or sidelined
<option>~Needless death or slaughter
<option>~Talking about her twin brother
<option>~Someone getting the best of her
<option>~Being underestimated because of her gender
<option>~Dishonesty, cowardice, or dishonorable conduct
<option>~Losing people, especially those she feels responsible for
<option>~Failing in her responsibilities, no matter if it’s minor or negligible
<option>~People who treat others poorly, in all the various ways that may manifest
<option>~Boredom. Has to have something to do to keep her mind and/or body active
</select>
</form>

<option selected>MY STRENGTHS ARE</option>
<option>~Disciplined
<option>~Good at reading people
<option>~Cool-headed and calm in a crisis
<option>~Is very good with firearms and staffs
<option>~Good with technology and computers
<option>~Speaks a handful of different languages
<option>~Was trained as a warrior from a young age
<option>~Intelligent and observant with a good memory
<option>~Very charismatic with a natural commanding presence
<option>~Riding and handling horses comes as easily as breathing to her
</select>
</form>

<option selected>MY WEAKNESSES ARE</option>
<option>~Stubborn
<option>~Decapitation is fatal
<option>~Can get very protective
<option>~Terrible at playing politics
<option>~Is more sensitive to loud noises and bright lights
<option>~May get antsy or cranky if she hasn’t shifted in awhile
<option>~Heals from injuries caused by silver at a human rate and
<option> may scar. Iron also slows healing, but not as badly as silver
<option>~Often feels like she’s stretched too thin from constantly trying
<option>to divide her time between both her pack and the modern world
<option>~Has to monitor and control herself very carefully around mortals
<option>~Has gained enemies based on her mother’s actions and reputation
<option>~Works with some creatures that can be harmful or fatal, even to immortals
<option>~Has to be careful about giving her word. Refraining may imply mistrust and
<option>invite suspicion, whereas breaking it shows weakness and is considered deceitful
<option>~Will eventually get run down if she hasn’t eaten or slept in a very long period of
<option>time. Her powers will gradually weaken the longer she goes without eating or resting
<option>~Will go to great lengths to protect someone, even if it means putting herself in danger
<option>~Has to defend her place in the pack from challengers wishing to advance their position
<option>~Has a tendency to work herself into exhaustion, especially if it’s for someone she respects
<option>~Serious head injuries. Her brain will heal quickly without any lasting physical damage, but
<option>any information previously stored within the damaged area may be lost. Muscle memory and basic
<option>functions may be relearned quickly, but if the damaged area stored memories, they may be lost forever
<option>~Doesn’t generally let on if there’s something personal bothering her unless she’s very close to someone
</select>
</form>

<option selected>I'M AFRAID OF</option>
<option>~Failure
<option>~Losing her position in the pack
<option>~Terrified of being fed on by a vampire
<option>~Losing people or losing her bonded stallion, Sol
<option>~Letting someone down, especially her pack or someone she respects
<option>~Making a bad decision that will jeopardize the safety and well-being of others
<option>~Being maimed or paralyzed, especially if it means not being able to take care of herself
<option>~Slipping up and ruining what little trust the humans and supernatural races have built so far
<option>~Whether or not she’ll be good enough to stand up against the vampire lord when the time comes
</select>
</form>

<option selected>I ASPIRE TO</option>
<option>~Try to be fair and unbiased
<option>~One day see the worlds at peace
<option>~Save and protect as many people as possible
<option>~Carry out her responsibilities well and with as little loss of life possible
<option>~Get her hands on the vampire lord responsible for slaughtering her family
<option>~Liberate Westenra and restore the Wild Hunt to its previous power and status
</select>
</form>

<option selected>MY QUIRKS/HABITS ARE</option>
<option>~Assumes a very wolf-like stare when earnestly considering
<option>someone or something, or when faced with a problem or puzzle
<option>~Habitually checks the exits when entering a building or a room and usually
<option>sits so she can see them. Also tends to scan for threats when entering an area
<option>~Can’t infect anyone unless she’s in wolf form, and even then there’s only a slight chance
<option>~Can still howl and growl while in human form, but usually only does so in appropriate settings or situations
<option>~Is used to communicating by casual physical contact when with pack mates, but cuts this back to an almost
<option>nonexistent level with humans, not wanting them to become alarmed or uncomfortable, or to get the wrong idea
<option>~Almost always adopts an American accent while in the modern world in order to blend in better. May drop back
<option>into her natural English accent, though, if she’s very focused on something or is very comfortable around someone
</select>
</form>

<form><select class="applistbottom" >
<option selected>MY POWERS (IF ANY) ARE</option>
<option>~Enhanced speed, strength, stealth, senses, agility, and healing
<option>~Can take on the form of a large white wolf through a quick and very fluid
<option>transition into an energy state, rather than a physical growing and shifting of
<option>muscles and bone structures. Maintains identity and presence of mind when shifted
<option>~Can interpret pack mates’ emotions and intentions somewhat, locate them if they’re relatively
<option>close by, and sometimes even predict their actions to some extent on an instinctual level. This is due
<option>to heightened senses, a high level of awareness, and long established familiarity with her pack mates
<option>~Can communicate telepathically, often including images and/or emotional overtones. Can’t enter another’s
<option>mind and read their thoughts unless they permit it – otherwise only receives what they send back. Works best
<option>with pack or those she’s close to or knows well. Also works on the fey herds on a much more basic, limited level
</select>
</form></center>
</div>
<br>

<div class="appfieldtitle">Physical Description</div>
<div class="appfield">
Alex is tall and lean, with light blue eyes and sandy blonde hair that she tends to pull back into a simple clip or twist. When in the modern world, she generally tries to minimize the characteristics that mark her as something other than human, but an astute observer might still pick up on the subtle hallmarks of her Alkali heritage. She’s a little more alert and sure footed than a human, and her movements reflect a deliberate purpose common to a predator in the wild. Many people tend to overlook this, however, seeing only what they expect to. This suits Alex just fine, though she still worries constantly about slipping up and doing something that sets the humans on edge and ruins the tentative alliance they’ve created.

<p>Outside of active duty, though, Alex is much more relaxed and vibrant. She can often be found outdoors in jeans or riding breeches, and she’s usually on horseback. Her slender figure and light tan can both be attributed to her active lifestyle and long, hard hours working outside. This also leaves little time for fussy clothes or fashion statements, and she can’t stand slathering makeup all over her face. It’s too restricting and heavy, and it makes her want to bite something. She’s not completely boorish, though; she just generally prefers simple, classy outfits – sometimes with a tasteful accent or some jewelry – to gaudy displays of wealth. She has no time for social intrigue or drama, and there’s no reason clothes can’t look nice [i]and[/i] be functional.

<p>The one thing she can’t cover up are the faint, ugly scars that trace the majority of her body. She received them from the vampire lord when he slaughtered her parents and twin brother, and she refuses to remove them until she’s killed him and earned the right to, in her mind. She continues to wear them as a symbol of what she’s overcome, and as a reminder of what her fate will be if she gets too arrogant and conceited. The only other permanent mark she bears is a brand on her right shoulder blade, marking her identity and her rite of passage and acceptance as an Alkali warrior. This brand is in the shape of a circle of Celtic knot-work framing an ankh, and it was carefully etched there with silver, too deep to easily remove.

<p>In wolf form, Alex stands about as high as a man’s waist at the shoulder, and looks just like a common gray wolf apart from size and color. Her fur is of pure, unmarred white, and while this makes things a little more difficult when she’s trying not to be seen, it also makes her very easy to identify and rally around in combat. She retains her blue eyes while in this form, and they’re fully as expressive as they are when she’s human. Her wolf form is completely comfortable and natural to her while in Istari, but it’s not one she usually adopts around modern-day humans unless it’s necessary.
</div>
<br>

<div class="appfieldtitle">Personality</div>
<div class="appfield">
While in Istari or around pack mates and close friends, Alex is relaxed and fun loving with a wicked sense of humor. She loves picking on her brothers, and is perfectly capable of giving just as much as she gets. She can often be found lounging in the library, but more often than not, she’s outside somewhere, and usually on horseback. Alex started learning to ride even before she could walk, and she and her stallion, Sol, are nearly inseparable when she’s home. Much of this time is spent training or on patrols, but Alex doesn’t mind. She’s very active and dedicated to keeping Istari and her pack safe, and the times when she does get to relax and enjoy some quiet time at home with her pack are well worth the sacrifice.

<p>While on duty in the modern world, however, her demeanor is very different. To her fellow teammates, she generally comes off as intelligent and honest, but much more reserved than when she’s with her pack. She understands how important building relations between the modern world and Istari could be, and she doesn’t want to blow it by forgetting herself. Even when they’re expecting it, many humans are often alarmed when someone who looks normal exhibits inhuman feats of speed, strength, or aggression, so she tends to keep tight control of herself when in mixed company. She also tries to save nastiness and intimidation for those who’ve legitimately earned it, and only breaks out her hard-ass commander voice when necessary.

<p>She’s not completely unapproachable, however; she truly cares about her duties and the well-being of her teammates, regardless of their race or station, and it’s a profound symbol of trust when she does let her guard down around them. She also can’t help letting her humor show through around those she trusts, though she tries to keep a lid on it during times when she’s expected to be professional. Anyone who knows her well, though, will still notice her eyes sparkling or a slight twitch of her lip as she looks on in amusement, sometimes sharing a knowing look at some unspoken joke or another.

<p>Not everyone in the unit is happy or completely comfortable working around members of so many supernatural races, though. Fortunately, their commanding officer is constantly making adjustments and trying new things to make it work, and the overall mood and level of trust has definitely improved over the years. At the best of times, a team might actually manage to achieve a unique dynamic and level of trust that almost rivals that of a pack. This sort of relationship is incredibly beneficial during their missions to keep the peace and take down threats from human and supernatural terrorists alike, and she hopes to one day achieve this consistently throughout the various teams.
</div>
<br>

<div class="appfieldtitle">History</div>
<div class="appfield">
[i]In the beginning…[/i]

<p>For centuries, the Wild Hunt has kept relative peace among the kingdoms and within the settled lands of Istari. Today, they ride with their brothers and allies, the Alkali, but it wasn’t always so. In a time almost beyond memory, when there weren’t as many Elves or heroes as there are now, the Wild Hunt was almost overthrown. There were monsters at every turn, bitter rivalries among the kingdoms, and vicious raiding parties that threatened to destroy the Settled Lands forever. The Elves and their clever mounts fought valiantly, but still, their numbers dwindled away to almost nothing. The only ones who seemed little affected by the constant conflict were the great wolves who hunted with them. They were still strong in number, but they couldn’t end the fighting and bring about peace on their own.

<p>The Elves grew more and more desperate, but no help came. Until one night, when Aurin, the young warrior who looked after the fey herds and the great hunting wolves, stumbled upon a solution quite by accident. She was doctoring the largest of the wolves after he had been injured in the Hunt, absently talking to him as she worked, though she knew he couldn’t respond. She told him of the Elves fears, and that if they couldn’t find some way to save themselves soon, they would surely all die out. The wolf listened silently as she spoke, and she was shocked and amazed when he replied. Never before had the great beasts given the Elves any indication that they could speak, but now, the situation was dire.

<p>The great wolf turned its head to look Aurin in the eye, his voice a rumbling growl.

<p>[i]“Long have the Elves cared for our needs and provided ready hunting and shelter for our kind. You have proved to be worthy partners and allies, and so, I shall give to you the secret of our strength that you yet may live.”[/i]

<p>That night, the wolf spoke ancient words to her and taught her how to take on the traits of his kind. Aurin was clumsy and afraid at first, but the wolf was patient, and soon she was comfortable and confident in her new form. Not everyone liked the idea of turning into a giant wolf during the Hunt, but the Elven king could see the benefits of what the wolf was offering, and gratefully agreed. He let those who wished it learn the wolves’ secret, and when the next Hunt was called, they went forth with more hope and confidence than they had in the last decade.

<p>It took some time for the Elven warriors to get used to the enhanced speed and senses of their new form, but their instincts were good, and the Hunt went surprisingly well. As the warriors grew more comfortable in their wolf skins, shifting into and out of them with ease, their skills improved even more, and soon the Elves’ numbers started to recover. They became strong and prosperous, and soon, their numbers grew so large that the wolf-kin decided to seek out a territory of their own. Ever since they’d learned how to shift into wolves and back, they’d grown to appreciate the wolves’ sense of freedom, and they wanted more room to run. Thus, they ventured into the capricious Wildwood surrounding the Elven lands, wandering for days until they reached the other side.

<p>Here, nestled within the protective arms of the forest, was a land of rolling hills, open countryside, and good hunting for all. The wolf-kin christened it Wolfhaven in honor of their saviors, and soon they grew as strong and as prosperous as their Elven brethren. The two races continued to rally together when the Wild Hunt was called, and the Elven herds roamed between the two kingdoms at will. The wolf-kin and the Elves shared the great forest between their lands, and continue to come and go at will. Thus, the Alkali were born, and peace has continued to reign between their races for thousands of years.

<p>[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/ljn7s.png[/img]

<p> Alex and her twin brother, Kyrin, were born in a tumultuous time of evil and unrest. Once again, the Settled Lands were falling apart, and the Wild Hunt was besieged by enemies at every turn. It was all the Alkali and their Elven brothers could do to keep the peace among the civilized kingdoms, and all were expected to do their part. While the twins never really wanted for anything, save more of their mother’s and father’s time, they grew up knowing what hard work and hardship meant.

<p>Their parents, Aaron and Eva, were the Alpha pair of the well known Alkali wolves, and they resided in the pack’s sprawling estate, located in the middle of Wolfhaven. The estate was owned and cared for by all, with the majority of the pack making their home there. As the members as a whole were prosperous and shared among the rest, it was more than large enough to accommodate everyone comfortably. The Alkali were an old and long-lived race, and Alex’s parents were quite successful on their own, so there was more than enough to go around for their children and the rest of the pack.

<p>The manor was also built very near the large Gate the Alkali controlled, so it offered many modern conveniences to the wolves that would’ve been inaccessible in many other places. It also allowed members of the pack to come and go from the modern world as they pleased, as they also owned the lands and residences on the opposite side of the Gate. Some Alkali even chose to live almost exclusively in the modern world, taking up residences in remote areas of Ireland or England, the most closely-linked modern locations to the Gates in their area of Istari.

<p>When not working or studying, Alex and her many brothers had the run of the vast estate, and they loved nothing more than to romp around, playing various different versions of tag or hide-and-seek, or just exploring. Not all of her brothers joined in, as some of them were quite a bit older than the children, but she and those closest to her age enjoyed long hours spent outside while they were young. Alex learned to hold her own at a fairly early age, and she generally had little trouble keeping up with the rowdy boys. Devon was the oldest of her brothers, already long grown and highly ranked among the pack, and it helped that he had a soft spot for his little sister. If things got too out of hand, he’d never hesitate to step in redirect the other boys’ attention to something else. If she was having fun and doing fine on her own, however, he had no qualms about joining in the devilry along with the others.

<p>Things were entirely different with her twin, of course. Alex and Kyrin did everything together, and shared a special bond common to some twins. While their tastes varied in some areas, in most things they were in complete agreement, and the two especially loved to ride their horses in the woods that surrounded the estate, read, or play music together. At times, they almost seemed to share one mind. They both loved stories about bold heroes and adventurers the most, especially if there was danger and fighting involved. The two would often pretend that they were characters in one of their books when they went off riding, playing that they were full Alkali warriors racing to the rescue of some town or village being terrorized by whatever monster sounded most terrible at the time.

<p>Even they had their differences, though. Alex was much more likely to confidently enter into a situation while her brother hung back and considered all the angles for awhile first. She was likewise the first to enter into true Alkali training, and Kyrin’s sedate mare was the drastic opposite of Sol, the fiery young stallion Alex bonded with. Unlike normal horses, those of the fey are quite intelligent, and will deliberately test young warriors and choose the partners best suited to them. From then on, the chosen warrior and their mount train together, learning about and getting used to each other, and though the fey horses may let others ride them, they generally don’t perform quite as well as with their true partners.

<p>Eva suspected that Alex had the potential to become an Alpha among the Alkali, and so her advanced training started at an early age. Before, she had always been taught at the manor along with the rest of the pack’s young, studying everything from reading and writing to geography and mathematics. They even learned much about the modern world and its history, often visiting or vacationing in the other world. Tutors were brought in as necessary for one-on-one study if someone showed a particular aptitude or deficiency in a subject, and study [i]always[/i] came before fun and games. Kyrin excelled in academics, but though Alex was quick to grasp things, she would often make it very apparent that her head and heart were elsewhere. In the end, it was riding that kept her on track; if she didn’t apply herself properly, she was forcibly kept from her stallion until she behaved appropriately and paid attention.

<p>Her practical studies were another matter, however, and these at least were lessons Alex cherished. They began with riding exercises, basic physical and mental training, and preliminary weapons work, on top of her regular classes. Soon she and Kyrin moved on to more advanced classes and training, such as tactics, ethics, and fighting while on horseback. Alex flew through her training and showed an early aptitude for her mother’s weapon of choice, the quarter staff. Eva was often gone on patrols or off fighting where an enemy threatened peaceful lands, but as her daughter grew old enough to benefit from her personal instruction, she spent more and more time around the estate, drilling her mercilessly. She knew that Alex might one day replace her as [i]Rana[/i] – second only to the Alpha of the Alkali warriors and charged with protecting the pack and those within their care – and she was determined to make sure her daughter succeeded. With an ever growing threat in the south-west, she knew that the Alkali and their Elven kin would need every able bodied warrior in the times to come.

<p>This was never to be. When Alex was barely eight years old, the vampire lord who had been sewing dissent and gathering up lands and power to the south made his strike before the settled kingdoms ever realized how great his strength had grown. Always before, they had driven his forces back, cut down to nothing but a shadow of their former numbers. The dark vampire was more clever than they could have dreamed, however. After months of careful planning and maneuvering, he made several small, but lethal strikes simultaneously in the areas that would do the most damage to his enemies. Elves and Alkali alike fell as his agents revealed themselves and began the slaughter, and countless more were seized and taken by force to his new kingdom in the north. His target was Westenra, a land where darkness reigned for over half the year, and his ploy was frighteningly effective. The settled lands were thrown into chaos as people were snatched up by the dozens, all going to feed his vampires and serve as his slaves and as leverage against their would-be rescuers.

<p>Alex’s father, Aaron, and two of her brothers fell in the initial attack, as did the queen of the High Elves and many other fine warriors. Her mother fought valiantly, but the vampires managed to get hold of the twins, and in the end, she couldn’t hold them off. The three of them were incapacitated, and when they woke, they were in the dungeons of the vampire lord behind bars made of silver and iron. He had taken these three hostages to his personal keep in the heart of this dark land. By the time the remaining Elves and Alkali sounded the call to assemble the Wild Hunt and give chase, it was too late to save them. The vampires had planned everything down to the last detail and were now too entrenched along the borders of their new land to easily overthrow. They had also taken captives from every major kingdom in the settled lands, not to mention the former citizens of Westenra, and now made a show of pressing them into service. If any of the riders advanced too close to their strongholds, however, they had no qualms about catching them up and killing them in great numbers as a deterrent. Far and wide, the people begged the leaders of the Hunt and the forces they led to find another way.

<p>Eva and her children were not left idle as the warriors withdrew to regroup and devise a more successful means to strike at the vampires. Rather than pressing them into service, though, the vampire lord kept them with several other highly placed captives in a dungeon with many cells assembled around a central torture chamber. Here, he took each in turn, torturing them mercilessly to gain crippling information about his enemies. He knew that his former plan of attack wouldn’t work a second time, and he craved any information that would allow him to wipe out the most powerful opposing forces in the settled lands for good.

<p>Among her brethren, Alex was the first to be tortured in hopes that her mother or her more soft-spoken twin might agree to give him the information he so desired. For hours he tormented her, but Eva and Kyrin gave her silent support, and by escaping into her twin’s mind to lessen the pain somewhat, she was barely able to withstand him. Her twin, however, wasn’t as lucky. His mental control was better than even Alex’s, but he wasn’t a warrior, and his natural tolerance for pain was far below his sister’s. Even with her trying to help take his mind off things, he was soon on the brink of breaking. Desperate for the lord to spare her twin before he was too far gone to be saved, Alex broke down and begged him to stop. She knew very little that was valuable to him, however, and though she told him as much as she could, he killed her twin anyway while she watched.

<p>Something broke inside Alex then, and it was many days before she became conscious of her surroundings again. When she did, she felt oddly detached, her mind bowing under the enormous trauma the vampire had inflicted on her. Even so, one thing became crystal clear amid the chaos, and it was then that she fully realized the threat the vampire’s reign posed to Istari at large, and her potential place in what was to come. Her mind numb but still clear about what she was to do, she waited until the lord and most of his men withdrew to feed, then instinctively relaxed and let her first transformation overtake her. Unique among the shapeshifters, the Alkali are never able to transform until they reached the level of social maturity required to handle such a traumatic event and the responsibility that follows. Some Alkali never achieve this level, and either remain in Wolfhaven among their pack, or strike out to find a place more suited to them. Others gain this maturity at far too young an age.

<p>Still detached and only semi-conscious of her actions, Alex managed to transform and slip through the bars of a cell door made to hold much larger prisoners than she. The remaining vampires caught sight of her in short order, but not before she’d managed to unlock the door to Eva’s cell. The injured and grieving Alpha destroyed her would-be captors and just barely managed to escape the hold with a handful of other prisoners. Alex remained functional but largely unresponsive as the small group battled their way toward the border, hiding as much as possible and fighting when necessary. It wasn’t until her mother was taken down just shy of the border that a little life returned to her. Eva had just enough time to scream for her daughter to get across the border before the vampires dragged her off. They managed to kill two other members of the ailing party, but the rest managed to make it back into settled lands, if barely.

<p>During the several weeks they’d been gone, her oldest brother, Devon, had managed to win leadership of the Alkali wolves. He’d been working tirelessly since then, attempting plan after plan to wrest control from the vampires and return Westenra to its former state and back into the hands of its people. Nothing worked. More vampires flocked to their newfound land night after night, and the numbers combined with their staggering number of hostages made rescue or recapture impossible to attempt. The new Alpha was overjoyed when his sister and the remaining prisoners returned, and Alex was immediately sent to the Elves. They had knowledge of healing far superior to that of the Alkali, who healed naturally, and a healing adept instantly took charge of the young girl.

<p>Alex spent many weeks in his care, closely linked to his mind as he helped heal the trauma of losing her twin and teaching her the mental control and balance necessary for her to become whole again. At the end of this time, Alex returned to her home, forever changed and still grieving deeply, but mentally stable once again. The settled lands were still in chaos, but together, the Alkali and the Elves managed to confine the vampires to their new home and return relative peace to the kingdoms.

<p>Alex spent the next several years in training, helping Devon in whatever way she could when she wasn’t poring over combat techniques and strategy. In turn, her older brother helped keep her mind busy and focused on the good things in life. Though still grieving himself, Devon tried to raise his younger siblings the way his parents would’ve wanted, and he worked tirelessly to make sure everyone was safe, happy, and well cared for. He became the family’s rock, and somehow managed to help Alex and her other brothers through their grief and loss while also taking care of the rest of the pack’s needs. Though he and Alex couldn’t spend as much time together as they had before, she knew what a burden he was under, and it made the time he did spend with her even more meaningful. The bond between the older wolf and his little sister became even stronger in the absence of their parents, and Alex has always been fiercely proud of him for stepping up the way he did.

<p>Over the next few years, Alex’s wounds slowly began to mend. She gradually immersed herself in pack life again, rekindling old friendships, showing interest in her former pastimes, and eventually relaxing and enjoying herself once more. She was still more solemn and reserved than when her parents and her twin were alive, but as the events of that night faded to a dull ache, she slowly returned to almost what she once had been. Her mind and spirit no longer in danger of breaking, she excelled in her training and quickly advanced in status within the pack. Eva’s predictions proved true, and Alex became an accomplished and venerated warrior, soon ranked second only to Devon and her fellow [i]Rana[/i], Molli.

<p>The Alkali maintained two [i]Rana[/i] (or [i]Ranos[/i], for males) at all times. One was responsible for the wellbeing of the pack at large and the home life for those among them who were not fighters. This wolf was also responsible for defending the Alkali lands when they were at war, making sure their home remained well protected. The other led their warriors and acted as commander in times of war. Both were critical to the Alpha and necessary to the functioning of the pack, and this ensured that neither [i]Ranas’[/i] attention was divided at a critical moment.

<p>It took all of Alex’s skill and cunning to best the pack’s aging [i]Ranos[/i] and assume his position, but after more than a decade of intense training and field experience, she was able to best him in combat and claim his title as her own. She still needed the support of her pack, however. The Alkali would not merely roll over and accept new leadership with their tails between their legs. No leader, Alpha or otherwise, could assume control of the pack unless the pack at large trusted them to uphold their welfare and successfully carry out their responsibilities. Brute strength alone was not enough to keep the pack safe from their enemies, and the wolves knew it. They had avoided many naïve and power hungry leaders this way, and they wouldn’t suffer a fool’s reign.

<p>There were many who raised doubts about Alex’s age and level of experience, but enough of the wolves trusted the young woman’s intelligence and past accomplishments to allow her a chance to prove herself. So, Alex stepped into her new role as [i]Rana[/i], acutely aware of the pack as they watched and waited. Some offered her advice and encouragement, some merely silent support, but others seemed to be waiting for her to make a wrong step, ready for an excuse to call her leadership into question.

<p>Chief among these spectators was the most accomplished of her former mentors and instructors, the pack’s previous [i]Ranos[/i]. He offered neither advice, nor judgment, but she felt his eyes upon her even more heavily than the rest. It had taken her a long time to decide whether or not to challenge his position, and now she spent the first several months as [i]Rana[/i] making sure she’d made the right choice. Every action and decision was carefully thought through and examined from every angle, and she tried her best to predict potential outcomes to each situation and prepare ahead of time. This left her with many short nights and missed meals in the beginning, but her tactics seemed to work.

<p>Her care paid off as her actions most often benefited the pack, and her decisions continued to prove sound. She was far from perfect, of course, but she felt the pack’s eyes on her less and less, and though her former mentor continued to make no comments on her performance, neither did he criticize or make any motions to reclaim his previous position. Over time, the pack settled in under its new [i]Rana[/i], and Alex relaxed and discovered great joy and pride in her new duties and responsibilities.

<p>The young warrior had been functioning as her brother’s second for less than a decade when humans from the modern world first started showing interest in Istari. The Alkali often visited or operated in the modern world for one reason or another and kept close tabs on what was going on there the rest of the time. It was inevitable that modern man would one day discover Earth’s sister, as had happened so many times in the past. Always before, they had lived in peace for many years, sometimes for decades, before some folly of man caused those protected within Istari to withdraw, barring their Gates until the race of man forgot they had ever existed. But always, Istari was eventually discovered again.

<p>This time, it was the American government that was slowly sending out feelers. They were smart enough to realize that their forces were nowhere near strong enough to overcome those of the races of Istari, and so they were making only tentative overtures, seeking an alliance instead. Fearing a threat, Alex monitored them carefully, sometimes discreetly in person, and sometimes by having one of her pack mates hack into their systems to learn more. She hung back, watching as they met with ambassadors from many of the more powerful kingdoms, including one she sent to represent the Alkali, quietly gathering information. It wasn’t until talk sprung up of a mixed-race martial force that Alex made her move.

<p>The humans were interested in putting together a military division integrating both humans and supernaturals in an attempt to keep both realms safe, and in case a threat arose that might carry over to both worlds. Alex had been keeping up a house in Washington D.C. as she monitored the proceedings, and now she turned her attention to the man they’d asked to run this new division. Colonel Braeden was a former Marine, hardly a politician by any means, with many decorations from his time in the service. He’d recently taken an early retirement, but his ability to handle just about any situation and his cool-headedness under stress had the higher-ups in Washington begging him to return to active duty and lead this new force. Impressed by what she saw, Alex extended her brother’s invitation to come to an arrangement.

<p>The Alkali offered to lend their knowledge and support to this new force and allow humans within Istari without a fight, knowing that it would be difficult to keep them from their world and seeking to at least control the situation. In return, the humans would respect their laws and customs while within Istari, and they would do nothing to harm or exploit them or their other inhuman allies on either side of the Gates. The exact wording and conditions of the proposed alliance were painstakingly hammered out over the next few weeks, but eventually they came to an understanding.

<p>Alex and Devon continued to be impressed by the way Braeden approached and handled the proceedings, along with his straight forward, honest demeanor, and they eventually gave their approval to the venture. Alex agreed to act as his second and advisor as the program was approved to begin its trial phase. It would mean time spent away from her pack duties, but Devon knew the position would require someone with authority who could speak on the pack’s behalf. With the convenience of the Gates, Alex would be able to easily split her time between the two, and she’d be able to return almost immediately if an emergency arose. As the High Elves and a handful of shifter and vampire settlements also entered into the alliance, Braeden slowly began outfitting the new unit.

<p>It was rough going at first, to say the least. The few humans who were aware of Istari were still getting used to being around supernaturals, and tensions often ran high over the first several months. In turn, many among the preternatural races weren’t used to living among humans, and misunderstandings and close calls were common. Over time, Braeden eventually managed to put together a unit of promising soldiers and warriors, and the teams settled down to begin training. The team-building assignments and physical activity seemed to take quite an edge off, and though there were still mishaps and blunders, there was a drastic improvement within the unit over the next several months.

<p>Despite the unit’s rocky start, some good did come from the situation. Alex and Braeden hit it off, and she was surprised to realize that she thoroughly enjoyed the older man’s company. The once-retired Marine officer had had few people to keep him company in his retirement, and in him, Alex found a surrogate father figure she didn’t have to share with any of her other siblings. She was more than old enough to function on her own at this point, but it was comforting, nonetheless. She was delighted to discover that the older man kept an old cow-horse at a stable nearby, and in their few off hours, the two would often go out riding together. They discussed life in Istari and the modern world, and they often conversed about everything from sports and weather to politics and the global economy, or simply enjoyed each other’s company in silence.

<p>The mixed fighting unit eventually began to flourish. Braeden continued to make adjustments and try different things, and soon the teams were running smoothly. Accidents and outbursts rarely happened anymore, and the teams’ cohesiveness also continued to improve. Alex continues to act as the Colonel’s advisor and second in command, though only a select few know about her second role as [i]Rana[/i]. Within the unit, she’s directly responsible for leading Havoc, the most advanced of the half dozen or so teams, and she finds she thoroughly enjoys the pseudo-pack they’ve managed to create. It still doesn’t compare to the real thing, though, and her primary focus continues to be the Alkali. Still, she’s managed to find the best in both worlds, and while she’s still determined to take down the vampire lord responsible for such ruin, she’s more content than she would’ve expected while waiting for that day to come.
</div>
<br>

<div class="appfieldtitle">RP Sample</div>
<div class="appfieldbottom">
See Abigail Brennan
</div>
</div>

<div class="appfooter">
TEMPLATE BY FEDORA @ <a href=http://z10.invisionfree.com/CAUTIONTOTHEWIND/index.php?showuser=580808>CAUTION 2.0</a> AND <a href=http://z10.invisionfree.com/A_THOUSAND_FIREFLIES/index.php?showuser=2821>A THOUSAND FIREFLIES</a> EDITED BY KALISTA
<br>SPECIAL THANKS TO [url=http://tsr.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showuser=1]ZOEY[/url] FOR HELP WITH THE CLASSES!
</div>

[/dohtml][/align]

--------------------
user posted image
PM 
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

Logged in as Guest ( )

Istari is proudly listed at:
RPG-D    Shadowplay  Candyland Couture 

Site skin by Skye at Shine, Caution and CC.